SB LVII Chiefs Eagles game thread 2-12-23

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do the Chiefs score so much without throwing all these sideways passes?

That was such a creative drive, Sky Moore in there just to make the defense have something to think about
Something I have noticed - both teams throw the ball BEYOND the first down marker. Just craziness.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
That was a catch

He gained control and two feet landed then fumbled the ball after getting hit

KC about to get robbed

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was not a hard call. INC

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I misread your intention. Have a nice evening. Assumed it was laughing AT my response due to previous transgressions.
No worries. Go to Twitter and you'll see that pregnant is trending. Everyone there was talking about Rihanna. I just loved your response. Reminded me of the old State Farm ad - "She sounds hideous." "Well, uh she's a guy so..."

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right decision, no move was made. But they need probably to change this rule, 10 years ago this would have bin a TD.

But our field looks very poor ...

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If you don't have an offensive line you can't do anything Hurts and Maholmes can do. Even when they scramble they're successful because the play develops before doing so. Like how when Kyler ran 14 miles before scoring that one TD, I'm still surprised we didn't get called for holding on that play

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously they make up the rules as they go along right? When did there become a time and 3rd step requirement to a catch? Watching that live I immediately said don't blow it dead that's a fumble. I can't believe that is the correct rule but everyone seems to be insisting it is

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrible grass

Whose idea was it to switch grass?
So, they come in in January and lay sod. Bermuda grass strain. That thrives in hot temperatures. It is too cold at night and too cool during the day for deep roots to form.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right decision, no move was made. But they need probably to change this rule, 10 years ago this would have bin a TD.

But our field looks very poor ...

See if you replay it there is a move he catches the ball and turns and is going forward as he gets hit. Both feet are down, if they had tackled him right there and he kept the ball they wouldn't have said no catch he didn't make a move, they would have said complete catch.