SB LVII Chiefs Eagles game thread 2-12-23

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously they make up the rules as they go along right? When did there become a time and 3rd step requirement to a catch? Watching that live I immediately said don't blow it dead that's a fumble. I can't believe that is the correct rule but everyone seems to be insisting it is
I thought it was obviously incomplete live. They talk about "football move" some times and he didn't make one.

I have no problem with changing the catch rule, yet again, but that was the right call for the game now. We forget some of those very controversial calls that decided games that made it a little more to call it a catch. Which made the current rule.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was obviously incomplete live. They talk about "football move" some times and he didn't make one.

I have no problem with changing the catch rule, yet again, but that was the right call for the game now. We forget some of those very controversial calls that decided games that made it a little more to call it a catch. Which made the current rule.

OK but if he holds onto the ball there and just goes down on contact, it's a catch right? So there's only a requirement for a football move if it's a fumble? He caught the ball and turned to go forward, got hit and fumbled.

I'm reading an online thing where the guy is another ref expert, ex NFL ref and he's saying they got it wrong that when the guy turned to go forward with the ball, both feet down, that's a football move. That they are specifically instructed football move does NOT mean step.

I don't know I give up on what's a catch anymore

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Clock was at 00 before that one was snapped or was the snap on time?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That’s the third delay of game I think on this drive. One called, one not called, and one time out given.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard