SB LVII Chiefs Eagles game thread 2-12-23

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mahomes could be heading towards a Brees-like career.

I think he’s the better QB between the two at their peak, but his defenses will always be average at best because the Chiefs will never be that bad for blue-chip defensive talent.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the announcer explaining to us that it just "looks like" Lane Johnson left early. That's like the "he almost travelled" call in basketball which means he walked but the ref didn't call it.

I don't really have a preference in the game but so far to me the Eagles are getting more calls. The offsides they called on the Chiefs on that one drive the replay you could clearly see the RG move for the Eagles. Then the clear PI when the guy turned Juju and they didn't call it.

But the Eagles are also making more plays, the long pass where the CB lost the ball and it became a TD, and then Hurts with a couple of huge runs. If Hurts doesn't lose that fumble for a TD this game would be pretty one sided.

The good thing for the Chiefs is so far they're not really having trouble protecting Mahomes.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd figure the Chief's defense would be better at handling a mobile QB but nah
Yeah, why hasn't those hundred hours of going full speed to chase and tackle Mahomes in practice paid off?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Mahomes could be heading towards a Brees-like career.

I think he’s the better QB between the two at their peak, but his defenses will always be average at best because the Chiefs will never be that bad for blue-chip defensive talent.
There’s no doubt hurts is benefiting from young legs and a very good team around him. Props to the eagles for their offseason success. Mahomes is a much better passer. Hurts will struggle as he gets older if he doesn’t throw the ball more and run less. Defensive coaches will challenge him more.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if eagles stop them now, they have a chance to make it a 2 score game and have a lead in the 2nd half whatever happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson