San Diego State @ ASU Sun Devils

DweeberAZ

Veteran
Reaction score
Watch as long as I can stay away. Keeping an eye on the Dbacks as well

SD State is and has been a good team for the past couple years.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow losing to sdsu at home 27 to 14..... going to be a long season.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Getting SMOKED by SDSU at home.

Bye Todd Graham. Your stay here was just as forgettable as our last 3 coaches.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Can't tackle, oline is terrible, can't run the ball, playcalling is weak. Couple more losses and they should put in the Bama transfer QB.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
  • You could tell from last week's win, that this team is just bad and sad. Gonna be a very long season. ASU continues to over-hype, over-promise, and under-deliver.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
  • You could tell from last week's win, that this team is just bad and sad. Gonna be a very long season. ASU continues to over-hype, over-promise, and under-deliver.
A change needs to be made. All the money spent on renovations will be lost if they cannot get people in the seats. You don't win games, you lose the fan base and alumni support, plain and simple. If ASU thinks Graham's buyout is too steep and doesn't spend the money on a coach that can turn it around then good luck getting any more money from alumni and boosters. I'm sure alumni wouldn't mind paying for an established recruiter and coach like Kelly or Miles.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A change needs to be made. All the money spent on renovations will be lost if they cannot get people in the seats. You don't win games, you lose the fan base and alumni support, plain and simple. If ASU thinks Graham's buyout is too steep and doesn't spend the money on a coach that can turn it around then good luck getting any more money from alumni and boosters. I'm sure alumni wouldn't mind paying for an established recruiter and coach like Kelly or Miles.

Agree.

ASU cannot afford not to buy Graham out. The football team is in shambles.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't tackle, oline is terrible, can't run the ball, playcalling is weak. Couple more losses and they should put in the Bama transfer QB.

I do not know how Barnett is going to avoid the pass rush.

It's pretty much run for your life back there. ASU's offensive line is horrible, a complete sieve. They cannot run block either. The only thing ASU tried for a few minutes that worked was the quick pass but they went away from it. It would help if the receivers could catch the ball.

What makes things even worse is ASU's defense is equally bad compounded by horrible special teams.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
It's too bad college football is the exact opposite of NFL, because right now we'd be feeling pretty good about getting a #1 draft pick with how bad this team is. Hard to root for a team that's so poorly coached in all phases, and now we'll be lucky to get 3 star recruits with the way this program is going. Sad that the largest university in the country can't put a competent team on the field... Ugh. Graham needs to go back to being a used car salesman... he'd be excellent at that!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If canning him is about money they'll keep him whole season. What a terrible hire he ended up being.

I honestly can't understand what they saw in him... His best year(s) were with a team he had little to do with... Every unit of his teams for the past 3 years have been so thoroughly bad and overmatched, it's like the guy has never been a Head Coach at all!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Agree.

ASU cannot afford not to buy Graham out. The football team is in shambles.

The timing for a CTG firing/buyout is horrendous. ASU just forked over tons of cash for facility renovations. IIRC, Graham's buyout is around $12 million. Add to that that the school still has to pay the next coach a salary and it puts ASU in a peculiar situation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The timing for a CTG firing/buyout is horrendous. ASU just forked over tons of cash for facility renovations. IIRC, Graham's buyout is around $12 million. Add to that that the school still has to pay the next coach a salary and it puts ASU in a peculiar situation.

I couldn't agree more. Money is a huge issue. However, the Sun Devils need to salvage at least one of their three major sports.

Maybe the Sun Devils should have been pumping the money into the renovation or replacement of Wells Fargo arena. At least Bobby Hurley seems to be on the right track.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A coaching change needs to be made. Yes, its going to be expensive but ASU just spent tens of millions for stadium renovations. If ASU continues to plummet, eventually big time recruits are going to just ignore ASU and a mass exodus of season ticket holders will follow. You need a name to turn this around, Graham is not going to turn this around, just like Rich Rod is not going to turn it around at UA. The longer you wait the more damage you do with recruiting relationships, pipe lines will continue to close. You pay a lot up for a Les Miles or Chip Kelly but there will be an immediate return on dividends. Alumni are not going to stand for a 2 win season when they shelled out all that money for renovations. ASU cannot let coaching salary money stand in the way of progress. Unless football is deemed unworthy of being saved but the money spend on renovating the football stadium and facilities indicates otherwise.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's been a long time since Chip has been a successful head coach, he's not the slam dunk everyone thinks he is in my opinion.

Les Miles is semi-retired and has been for a few years now. He'd be a disaster at a school where you have to grind like ASU and UA.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's been a long time since Chip has been a successful head coach, he's not the slam dunk everyone thinks he is in my opinion.

Les Miles is semi-retired and has been for a few years now. He'd be a disaster at a school where you have to grind like ASU and UA.

Chip was a powerhouse in the P12 for years. Three conference championships and two BCS bowl wins. He'd be a grand slam hire.

I thought UCLA would go after him but it looks like they'll be pretty good and keep Mora. With jobs like Florida, Auburn, Tennessee and A&M potentially opening up ASU would be down the list but they should definitely shoot for the moon. It's mind-boggling they hired Erickson at his age then a huge question mark with Graham.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chip would be a slam dunk. But I'd be shocked if they could reel him in. ASU just never does anything impressive.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort