Samsung Smart Tv internet problem

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung tv that I've had problems with connecting to the internet. Connects to wifi no problem, but then gives me an error like 'interface connection problem'

I had a comcast modem with 5year old linksys router that I somehow finagled into working but it kept buffering, etc. Ran an internet speed test and only had about 10mg which would go down to about 5 during peak periods. So I called xfinity to complain about not getting the speed I was paying for and they said my router was out of date and they sent me their new Gateway.

Long story as short as I can make it, I tried everything I knew... read a bazillion forums, called xfinity, called Samsung... etc. Below is the last thing I did and it worked immediately... but it only lasted 2 freaking days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I've got countless hours into this.. my wife is bitter because she can't stream Netflix... so my life is hell :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
After hours with Comcast and Samsung I finily got some solution.

Comcast modem:

admin
password (first time user)

1.Set firewall to "custom security" and from the dropdow manue chose "disable entire firewall"

2.connection - WiFi - edit
Mode: 802.11 g/n
Security mode: WPA-PSK (TKIP)
Channel Selection: Maual
Channel: 11

3.Parental control:

Managed sites: Disabled.
Managed Services: Disabled.
Managed Devices: Disabled.
Access Type: Allow all.

This should work.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

When it quit working last night, I tried changing the channel selection to 6 and that didn't help either.

Here's a link to the forum I got this suggestion from... post #51

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-N...wireless-router-but-not-internet/td-p/1688261

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure that is enough to go on for help. However, I know I was having all kinds of intermittent connection issues and latency pauses about a year ago. I tried everything you did and even called Cox.

Finally I said screw it and bought a new Motorola Modem and new router. My problems evaporated and my speed on both my wired and wireless even improved. I have had no latency issues at all.

If the firmware on your Samsung is up to date I doubt it's the TV. Double check for viruses. They can definitely screw up the quality of your connection. The fact that it's intermittent screams hardware to me.

Does this happen with any other devices? Do you have any problems at all or is this strictly happening to your Samsung TV? A good test would be that when your TV starts acting up, check another device to see if it's having issues as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for answering Daren,

Modem is Comcast Gateway, modem router combo, new out of the box. Everything else in the house streams wirelessly except Samsung Smart hub. I looked for firmware update and it said there were none available. Didnt trust that so I went to Samsung site and downloaded latest update to flash drive and tried to install and it also told me all files were current. Speed test on new Gateway is 25mg which is almost double what I was getting.

I also found info on tech forum that said Samsung requires their own servers and they are down. Dunno what to believe .

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for answering Daren,

Modem is Comcast Gateway, modem router combo, new out of the box. Everything else in the house streams wirelessly except Samsung Smart hub. I looked for firmware update and it said there were none available. Didnt trust that so I went to Samsung site and downloaded latest update to flash drive and tried to install and it also told me all files were current. Speed test on new Gateway is 25mg which is almost double what I was getting.

I also found info on tech forum that said Samsung requires their own servers and they are down. Dunno what to believe .

I can tell you that the modems that Comcast, Qwest and Cox provide are usually crap. Also, not a big fan of combo's either. I used to do dialer support once upon a time and I never met a combo device that ran as efficiently or faster than a separate modem and router setup.

In terms of Servers, I bet it does some sort of authentication. My LG TV does something similar before I can access it's hub.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard