Saints to Trade the 2nd pick

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Jay Glazer who has been on a roll this week, is now reporting that the Saints will trade the #2 pick after signing Brees.

I know Denny doesnt trade picks, but this is our opportunity to get Leinhart. The Saints need all the help they can get and we could offer the Saints a player and our 1st and a future pick next year to move up.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not be enamored of moving up to get Leinhart - I don't think he is worth two #1's

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Personally, I think Leinart's going to suck.
We'd be better off staying at ten and getting him there, or better yet, drafting Hawk or Huff regardless.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
They may have deals in place but none will happen until their pick roles around. Teams will not trade up to #2 for a specific player only to have another team leap frog them to the #1 and take their guy.

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
I would not be enamored of moving up to get Leinhart - I don't think he is worth two #1's

I dont think the Saints will be getting 2 #1s unless they are both late 1sts.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Mr. Boldin said:
Jay Glazer sho has been on a roll this week is now reporting that the Saints will trade the #2 pick after signing Brees.

I know Denny doesnt trade picks, but this is our opportunity to get Leinhart. The Saints need all the help they can get and we could offer the a player and our 1st and a future pick next year to move up.
Maybe Denver moves up? They have 2 1st round picks... That would really suck.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Trade them our first and second rouders for the Saints #1. Pick Ferguson or Leinart.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some in the media have Mario Williams going #2.

A-Bomb

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mr. Boldin said:
I dont think the Saints will be getting 2 #1s unless they are both late 1sts.

your thinking is wrong. always takes two firsts to move up that high. PARTICULARLY for a qb. i think it'll take MORE than two firsts. and the player you're offering? PLEASE do NOT say BJ or pace.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
An off season where we would get Edgerrin James AND Matt Lienert....

Now thats my idea of a dream off season.......

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
An off season where we would get Edgerrin James AND Matt Lienert....

Now thats my idea of a dream off season.......

from your lips to paul tagliabue's lips . . . i'd be ecstatic.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Saints aren't trading that pick.They'll take Mario Williams to replace Darrem Howard and give them a young DE tandem of Will Smith and Mario Williams. That would be a pretty nice set of young DE's.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I bet the Green Bay fans are upset. No Mario Williams for them. Now Green Bay takes Hawk and the Niners take VD.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
The Saints aren't trading that pick.They'll take Mario Williams to replace Darrem Howard and give them a young DE tandem of Will Smith and Mario Williams. That would be a pretty nice set of young DE's.

Not to kill that idea, but the Saints have Charles Grant who is a pretty good end. I bet they take Ferguson now...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Trading up to get Leinart would be unfathomable. The Cards would sell that place out within a week of the draft.

IMO it would also be the dumbest possible move the Cards could make.

Leinart is overrated. He played on a great team with great players. He does have talent, but it's not commesurate (sp?) with his draft position.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
K heres the dealio:

Cardinals trade the Saints Bryant Johnson, and JJ Arrington along with the 10th pick in the first round.

Only if: They felt that Matt Leinhart was absolutely positively head and shoulders above cutler

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
IMO it would also be the dumbest possible move the Cards could make.

Leinart is overrated. He played on a great team with great players. He does have talent, but it's not commesurate (sp?) with his draft position.

True, he did play with some great talent. Kinda like the Arizona offense... Hmmm..

The only thing we are missing is the obvious homerun threat (Bush) and their great O-line.

Leinhart is an accurate passer, he doesnt have Cutler's arm, but he is smart. Ill take him in this offense any day of the week. Of course ill take Cutler as well.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
Which is why he'd be the perfect fit in Arizona as he is a proven success in college when surrounded by elite talent. He'd have great receivers to throw to and now a great RB to hand the ball off to.

Peyton Manning was surorunded by elite talent in college also and I never heard anyone bring that up as a reason not to draft him in the Top 2.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:
K heres the dealio:

Cardinals trade the Saints Bryant Johnson, and JJ Arrington along with the 10th pick in the first round.

Only if: They felt that Matt Leinhart was absolutely positively head and shoulders above cutler

So....2 busts (average players drafted too high) and a lower pick for the #2 pick.

Terrible trade for the Saints. Almost as bad as trading the #6 pick for Bryant Johnson...wait...hold that thought...why not trade that pick (the saints) for Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace? And we could switch picks in the 2nd round...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Peyton Manning was surorunded by elite talent in college also and I never heard anyone bring that up as a reason not to draft him in the Top 2.

I beg to differ. Peyton never had a legimate running game and never had great receivers... much like Eli at Ole Miss...

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
your thinking is wrong. always takes two firsts to move up that high. PARTICULARLY for a qb. i think it'll take MORE than two firsts. and the player you're offering? PLEASE do NOT say BJ or pace.

I think a team in the top 10 could move up without giving up 2 #1s. Of course the Giants gave up alot for Eli, but this is a different situation.

Leinhart doesnt have the hype and future forecast that Eli did in '04. He isnt the consensus #1 pick like Eli. The Giants swapped 1sts gave up their 3rd, then their 1st and 5th the next year.

For some reason I think the Saints would want a player in a package. A swap of 1sts and 2nd and a player.

Honestly I was thinking about Leonard Davis. I wnat to see him develop this year, so I would be against that, but I wasnt thinking Pace or BJ.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson