#'s on Antonio Hamilton new contract.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I do find it weird for a new regime to be bringing in so many guys that were here last year. Totally new systems and such.

Nothing against Hamilton as a spare DB, don't wanna count on him and Wilson as our #1 and #2 though.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I do find it weird for a new regime to be bringing in so many guys that were here last year. Totally new systems and such.

Nothing against Hamilton as a spare DB, don't wanna count on him and Wilson as our #1 and #2 though.
Aren't most of these guys young enough to not be vested veterans? Meaning their contracts aren't fully guaranteed until week 1 and if they're cut during camp it's nothing?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think Wilson demonstrated last year that he can at least be a #2. He was the best corner on the team and the Cardinals didn't struggle at outside CB. Most of the damage was done inside.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

I remember someone saying Vance's defense was pretty similar to Gannon's defense

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Wilson demonstrated last year that he can at least be a #2. He was the best corner on the team and the Cardinals didn't struggle at outside CB. Most of the damage was done inside.
I think we played Simmons as our slot CB for almost the entire year last season. That's why Neiman/Vigil were almost always on the field. Hopefully we don't do that again.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think I read that the Eagles defense last season was very similar to Vance's, with the main difference being Vance blitzed a LOT more.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

This has been my thought exactly. Feels like groundhog day again after 2021 season. Seeing Keim just re-sign all the same players that stumbled down the stretch and failed miserably against the Rams in the playoffs. Must have been a fluke, let's just run it back again with the same guys. I guess they feel the same about 2022. Let's just re-sign the same guys and expect to get a different result in 2023.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes he was the most improved player
I liked also what i saw from Matthew, considering he was a late round pick, cb is hard position to play as a rookie and he did pretty well

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think I read that the Eagles defense last season was very similar to Vance's, with the main difference being Vance blitzed a LOT more.
both defenses rely on the front 4 to stop the run or generate pressure on their own. but we didnt have the dawgs for it so Vance had to manufacture pass rush.
Im curious to see what this crew does when they have no dawgs

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
both defenses rely on the front 4 to stop the run or generate pressure on their own. but we didnt have the dawgs for it so Vance had to manufacture pass rush.
Im curious to see what this crew does when they have no dawgs
Well, even a blind dog could sniff its way to drafting Will Anderson if they had half a sixth sense

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What a great idea, bring back a terrible CB room minus the best player. But Gannon assured fans that he came to win games, and I am sure he can coach them up.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What a great idea, bring back a terrible CB room minus the best player. But Gannon assured fans that he came to win games, and I am sure he can coach them up.
The CB room was playing fine before the injury bug really hit. Even Football Outsiders would agree with that statement. Cardinals did really well against #1 and #2 receivers.

I agree that letting Byron goes sucks, but we don't know if he wanted to come back.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hamilton was game, but to me he looked physically overmatched sometimes.

Maybe an average dime back, but not much more than that. If he ends up being our #2 CB, we're in trouble.

I'm pretty the Cardinals are already in trouble for 2023. That was pretty much a given since mid last season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose