Rumor of the Day

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading down is 100% the "right" thing to do with the lack of talent on this team and Kyler's contract. The difficult part is that you are passing on a potential All Pro pass rusher and it is one of your biggest positions of need.
100% this! If you can get 6 to 7 picks in the first 3 rounds, you do it and play all of them from day one and make this a building year. Add them to a few more picks next year, and this could he a quick turnaround.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trading down is 100% the "right" thing to do with the lack of talent on this team and Kyler's contract. The difficult part is that you are passing on a potential All Pro pass rusher and it is one of your biggest positions of need.

And giving that player to the Seahawks

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And giving that player to the Seahawks
Come one, the Seahawks haven't made a good 1st round pick since Bruse Irvin in 2012. They are worse than Keim with 1st rounders and will pick someone like Myles Murphy.
You must be registered for see images attach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will Anderson alone is way more appealing than a trio of Christian Gonzalez, Joe Tippmann, & Rashee Rice who you would probably use those picks on. Especially considering the fact he plays a way more valuable position than all 3 of those guys & his ceiling is way higher.

Also, I hate the “this team MUST trade back because they have so many holes” like this will be the last draft ever & we’re not allowed to use the many picks we already have acquired after the first round.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the word that this draft is super too heavy and not very deep in the first round? If that’s the case, stay put and draft the best player. This team has a glaring lack of top end talent. Got start getting those guys when you have the opportunity to.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Anderson alone is way more appealing than a trio of Christian Gonzalez, Joe Tippmann, & Rashee Rice who you would probably use those picks. Especially considering the fact he plays a way more valuable position than all 3 of those guys & his ceiling is way higher.

Also, I hate the “this team MUST trade back because they have so many holes” like this will be the last draft ever & we’re not allowed to use the many picks we already have acquired after the first round.
This.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I think Seattle trades with the Bears and drafts a QB at #1 with all of the picks they got from Wilson. Anderson is drafted 2 and then we hopefully can trade down.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would consider it as you could get perhaps the top CB in the draft at #6 and a very solid OT at #18. it would be very hard thought to pass on Anderson at #3.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
100% this! If you can get 6 to 7 picks in the first 3 rounds, you do it and play all of them from day one and make this a building year. Add them to a few more picks next year, and this could he a quick turnaround.
Here is the thing...I wouldn't do it. There is too much room for failure in this. As much as we need depth, we also need cheap, high end talent and Anderson will provide this at a key position. For me, adding a mid CB and a future mid NFL player doesn't overcome the value Anderson will bring.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. I think Seattle trades with the Bears and drafts a QB at #1 with all of the picks they got from Wilson. Anderson is drafted 2 and then we hopefully can trade down.
So you have Houston drafting Anderson?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So it’s “not” the right thing to do.
It is the galaxy brain move under the premise that drafting multiple high level starters is more valuable than one. My issue is that I don't like giving up a top end pass rusher for picks that I will use to try and hopefully get a top end pass rusher. Also, very few difference makers are drafted each year. Until we have several top end players at key spots, I am less worried about depth.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My hierarchy of needs is such

QB
EDGE
LT
C
WR
DT
EDGE
RT
WR
DT

CB is probably in there somewhere but I feel you can make a secondary work with less talent when you have a legit pass rush. Personally, I would rather pay for a veteran secondary and draft my defensive front vs the opposite.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised. I think Houston might suck for one more year and draft Caleb next draft.
& if they don’t suck enough for Caleb or even Maye or maybe even Ewers? They didn’t even suck enough to hold the #1 pick this year.

They’re not going to trade up cause the teams that suck worse ahead of them are most likely gonna draft a QB & they’re DAMN sure not moving out of those spots if Caleb/Maye are as hyped up as they seem to be.

Now they’re stuck in QB purgatory because they thought they were in fantasy land.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing...I wouldn't do it. There is too much room for failure in this. As much as we need depth, we also need cheap, high end talent and Anderson will provide this at a key position. For me, adding a mid CB and a future mid NFL player doesn't overcome the value Anderson will bring.
Sorry. I read your post as doing that if Anderson was gone. I want Anderson first, but if not then I want to trade down and stockpile picks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
& if they don’t suck enough for Caleb or even Maye or maybe even Ewers? They didn’t even suck enough to hold the #1 pick this year.

They’re not going to trade up cause the teams that suck worse ahead of them are most likely gonna draft a QB & they’re DAMN sure not moving out of those spots if Caleb/Maye are as hyped up as they seem to be.

Now they’re stuck in QB purgatory because they thought they were in fantasy land.
They clearly could have, but decided to win the last game of the season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come one, the Seahawks haven't made a good 1st round pick since Bruse Irvin in 2012. They are worse than Keim with 1st rounders and will pick someone like Myles Murphy.
You must be registered for see images attach

All but one is late 20s and the one that isn't was a good pick and played well last year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they did not, so it turns out it wasn’t all that clear.
Are you arguing that Houston couldn't have tanked that last game if they wanted to?