Round 4 Targets

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2 CB's I hope are there when ARZ is on the clock are: Demontae Kazee or Howard Wilson. Maybe they tab another WR like Isaiah Ford or take a flier on Dobbs. Dorian Johnson, Nico Siragusa, Isaac Asiata, Jake Butt, Bucky Hodges, plus there are some OT prospects still available. Maybe a RB like DeVeon Smoth or Donnell Pumphrey.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not for Rd 4, but maybe the second 5th rd pick:

CB - Brian Allen, 6'3 215lbs, 4.43 40 yd dash from Utah.

A former receiver, Allen is a developmental prospect with just 12 total starts at corner (32 games played at CB). He has rare measurables and he tested very well at the combine. He has the potential to develop into a quality starter in a heavy press or Cover 2 scheme. -- Steve Muench

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-utah-cb-brian-allen/

The Good

-Tremendous length for the position (34-inch arms)
-Appears comfortable playing press or off-man coverage
-Impressive athlete with natural movement
-Fluid hips to open up and run
-Blankets receivers in trail technique, hard to throw over for quarterbacks

The Bad

-Well below-average tackler with technique that needs major improvement
-Gets off-balance when throwing jab in press at times
-Ball skills are average for a former receiver
-Very slow to recognize deep ball and loses receiver when staring into backfield

Bio

-Married, father of one
-Contributed on special teams, receiver, safety and cornerback during Utah career
-Played in 42 career games for Utes (32 at cornerback) with 12 starts
-Finished with 62 career tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 14 pass breakups, five interceptions and one forced fumble
-Made switch to cornerback full time after sophomore season

Highlights:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Not for Rd 4, but maybe the second 5th rd pick:

CB - Brian Allen, 6'3 215lbs, 4.43 40 yd dash from Utah.

A former receiver, Allen is a developmental prospect with just 12 total starts at corner (32 games played at CB). He has rare measurables and he tested very well at the combine. He has the potential to develop into a quality starter in a heavy press or Cover 2 scheme. -- Steve Muench

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-utah-cb-brian-allen/

The Good

-Tremendous length for the position (34-inch arms)
-Appears comfortable playing press or off-man coverage
-Impressive athlete with natural movement
-Fluid hips to open up and run
-Blankets receivers in trail technique, hard to throw over for quarterbacks

The Bad

-Well below-average tackler with technique that needs major improvement
-Gets off-balance when throwing jab in press at times
-Ball skills are average for a former receiver
-Very slow to recognize deep ball and loses receiver when staring into backfield

Bio

-Married, father of one
-Contributed on special teams, receiver, safety and cornerback during Utah career
-Played in 42 career games for Utes (32 at cornerback) with 12 starts
-Finished with 62 career tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 14 pass breakups, five interceptions and one forced fumble
-Made switch to cornerback full time after sophomore season
Was just about to mention him. Agree that he's more of a 5th round guy and is definitely a project, but the upside is there. Also has kick returning capabilities which is a plus.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Wow not much fell into the fourth. Was really hoping to see more talent drop. I think in this day and age with all of the scouting available, the best players get picked early. Not sure you need to pull the Grambling wild card in the third round.

Still think WR Malachi Dupre, TE Jake Butt, OG Damien Mama, RB Joe Williams could be good targets on day 3.

Reactions: PJ1

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Please, please let it be Nathan Peterman.

Edit: Or Marlon Mack, plug in replacement for the role envisioned for Ellington.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
KD Cannon WR - Baylor
Howard Wilson CB - Houston
George Kittle TE - Iowa
Josh Dobbs QB - Tennessee
Chase Roullier OL - Wyoming

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a lot of options in the 4th round and will not take a WR.

But, Chad Hansen, WR Cal, is going to make whatever team drafts him happy. IMO

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kelly in my opinion might actually be the best QB in this entire class but also a complete wack a doodle off the field. Wonder if the Cards want to add a little crazy to the equation on the final day of the draft

:)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kelly qb
peterman qb
mack rb
gallman rb
hodges te
butt te
kittle te
roberts te

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am really hoping for Chad Kelly, so this may be where you have to get him. This is the definition of no risk it no biscuit.

Peterman is a safe pick. I think his floor is high (back-up) but he has a low ceiling as well.

George Kittle TE - This guy is an instant force inline blocking for DJ and a very underrated threat in the passing game. I could see him becoming our starting TE in two years.

I don't see any remaining #2 CB's that can come in and start, so we may have to make a trade again this year.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think the 4th round pick will likely be CB Jeremy Cutrer (6-1, 170, Middle Tennessee St.) or CB Corn Elder (5-10, 179, Miami). The Cardinals have worked them out and have met with them. My two favorites in Round 4 are CB Damontae Kazee (5-10, !84, San Diego St.) and LB Blair Brown (6-1, 240, Ohio).

If they go offense instead, it could be for G Nico Siragusa (6-4, 326, San Diego St.), QB Josh Dobbs (6-3, 216, Tennessee) or TE Michael Roberts (6-4, 261, Toldeo).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard