Roster moves. Grace Dfa, Kron optioned. 8/27/20

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Catch you next time, Cron. Your time will come.
By that time, he'll be on Social Security. :(

Once and for all, the D-backs need to release or trade him to a team that will give him a chance.

Just for a second, consider the possibility that Torey realizes his position is in jeopardy and
resorted to spiting the man waiting in the wings, Kevin's father who manages our AAA team.

If you think I'm overreacting, then let's hear why Lovullo set up Kevin Cron to fail. His Minor
League history is as an RBI man and the D-backs are among the worst in left-on-base.

It is not easy to resent someone as passive as Torey Lovullo, but he has made it easy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Once and for all, the D-backs need to release or trade him to a team that will give him a chance.

Just for a second, consider the possibility that Torey realizes his position is in jeopardy and
resorted to spiting the man waiting in the wings, Kevin's father who manages our AAA team.

If you think I'm overreacting, then let's hear why Lovullo set up Kevin Cron to fail. His Minor
League history is as an RBI man and the D-backs are among the worst in left-on-base.

It is not easy to resent someone as passive as Torey Lovullo, but he has made it easy.

Cron can’t hit anything off speed. He’s not a major league hitter.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Grace should never have been called up. Then again, Rondon should have been cut weeks ago.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You never hold Hazen accountable as he is just as big if not a bigger reason for Cron. GMs have a ton of input on what happens. I am not saying Torey isn't at fault but you gotta include Hazen in this as well.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Torey, for all his faults, doesn't want any player to fail. Just stop with that nonsense. And Kron has sucked this year, worse than anyone 0-17.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not without being given a chance . . . especially by a last place team.
Dude - 20 plate Appearance. Not one hit.

They are supposed to be professionals. No matter the situation, he should have been able to get minimum 4 hits in that time frame.

This has nothing to do with TL. 100% Cron isn't a MLB player.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Dude - 20 plate Appearance. Not one hit.

They are supposed to be professionals. No matter the situation, he should have been able to get minimum 4 hits in that time frame.

This has nothing to do with TL. 100% Cron isn't a MLB player.
Sporadic appearances. Guided by a Manager who openly advocates hitting the ball in the air.

Yes, the situation matters!

A good manager makes it simple (as opposed to complex) for his people to do the job well.

That is not just me talking. That is the results. On the heels of our latest 7 game losing streak.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Cron had some of the worst at bats I’ve ever seen. They were cringe worthy. Hopefully someday he will be ready for major league pitchers, but that day most definitely hasn’t come yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson