Rooting Guide for the remainder of 2017

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who is your 2nd favorite team. How are you most interested in watching now that 2017 is over?

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For me, I’ve attached myself to the Chargers even though they’re now in LA.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For me, I’ve attached myself to the Chargers even though they’re now in LA.

I am having real trouble enjoying this nfl season.

I suppose I would have rooted for the Pack, but with Rodgers out, can't do that anymore. Can't stand seattle, I find philly and Minnesota boring, I am sick of New England always winning, actually if I had to root for someone right now it would probably be the Rams - but as a Cards fan I can't do that.

I have just lost most of my interest in the season at this point.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Brees & the Saints. thats where my interest will be.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up a Bears Fan, so if there is ever a secondary team needed, it would be them.

Will never cheer for a different NFC West team
Can't stand teams that have lots of transplants in Phoenix and are obnoxious about how good their cities/fans are (then move the heck back to what ever craphole you moved out of), like Philly, NYG, Washington, Detroit, GB, Minny, etc.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This NFL season overall just blows. Even outside the mostly unwatchable Cards games, the majority of the rest of the Games are freaking snoozefests.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This NFL season overall just blows. Even outside the mostly unwatchable Cards games, the majority of the rest of the Games are freaking snoozefests.
Completely agree. I can’t recall ever before being this bored with an NFL season. Loads of dull matchups, way too many penalties...borrrrrr-ing.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Growing up in Pa I was always exposed to a steady diet of Eagles and Steelers. Since I can't stand Steeler fans at all and I kind of enjoyed watching the Eagles I will follow them to some extent. Just lucky they are having a good season so far. Still far and away my heart is always with the Cardinals no matter how bad they are.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
No 2nd team. Once the Cards are out I find more productive uses of my time. Just dont love football in general like I used to. :(
This is how I feel also. And I'm sure we are not the only 2.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
There is some terrible football being played league-wide. That said, I'm still not sure I have witnessed anything as bad as Sunday and the game in Philly though.

Aside from watching the Cards games for laughs, I've just reverted back to my days of not rooting for anyone else in particular and gone into full hater mode. I just actively root against teams/fan-bases I can't stand which is like 85% of the rest of the league.

I'm like the guy that used to show up in the NEZ wearing the opposing team's gear to every home game.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is some terrible football being played league-wide. That said, I'm still not sure I have witnessed anything as bad as Sunday and the game in Philly though.

Aside from watching the Cards games for laughs, I've just reverted back to my days of not rooting for anyone else in particular and gone into full hater mode. I just actively root against teams/fan-bases I can't stand which is like 85% of the rest of the league.

I'm like the guy that used to show up in the NEZ wearing the opposing team's gear to every home game.

Dude, this post is sweet. I have friends who are fans of other teams that tell me I take hating to an art form. For me, the season carries hate until the hags, Crowboys and Steelers are out. I'm adding the Rams to the list. Hate!

I never root for them but I can't hate on the Patriots. They just win.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. I swear I’ve fallen asleep on more games this year than I can ever recall. Could be I’m just getting older, but yes there has been some terrible games. That Cleveland, Tennessee game! Oh my GOD!

I was watching the Hawks and Giants and all I remember was RW running for his life. I was out.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The NFL product blows overall this season. QB play has been substandard, officiating has seemingly gotten worse, and the whole controversy about whether to stand or kneel for the flag has had more of an impact on the quality of the game than it should have.

This is the first season in which I've felt that college football is overall more interesting top to bottom.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife's an Eagles fan and she cheered for the Cards with me in 2008 and 2015 so I'm going to pull for them. Of course I'd never say this in public....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been rooting for the Chiefs but only because I have 3 of them on my FF team. :)
Never thought of it that way. Guess that means I'm rooting for the Bunko Squad. Defending champs baby and going strong since 1987!!!!!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I will be rooting for whoever plays the patriots. Sports talk radio up here is way better when they lose. Plus I hate the patriots with a passion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll root whoever plays Seattle. Hate that team more than any in sports right now.

and I think we're going to see them walk into our house and wipe their ass with us AGAIN in a couple weeks. :(

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I enjoy watching the Chiefs, Raiders and Redskins when they are all relevant and playing well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard