Rookie Class

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think we can at least be somewhat optimistic. Ojulari is coming on as is Garrett Williams. Wilson should be a competent NFL receiver, Stills looks like a solid rotational DL, PJJ could be a really good tackle.

If I'm being maybe Fantasyland optimistic, this draft could produce four starters. I think three is what will probably happen.
I need to see more from Ojulari and Williams--Ojulari has only had one good game and Williams hasn't had a lot of time yet--but they're trending upwards. Can't be unhappy with that. Stills has been a good pick especially so late, and PJJ has looked good as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I need to see more from Ojulari and Williams--Ojulari has only had one good game and Williams hasn't had a lot of time yet--but they're trending upwards. Can't be unhappy with that. Stills has been a good pick especially so late, and PJJ has looked good as well.
Absolutely we need to see more, but writing any of them off as even backups at this point is crazy talk.

One of Ojulari's sacks was a sack another player forced, but one was a big boy sack. He also had 8 total tackles, so he was real active against the run as well.

Right now, this is one of the more promising draft classes in awhile, but that can change pretty quickly. Last year Sanders, Thomas, McBride, and Lecitus Smith all showed some potential at different points in times. All but McBride have either washed out or disappointed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Cam Thomas is undoubtedly the biggest bust of last year - if anything, he's gotten worse. Really thought he'd possibly bloom into a Zach Allen type player, but that is looking hopelessly optimistic at this point.
Eh I think it's the weight gain and misuse.

Move him to a traditional DE type position and I think he's a lot better.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First sack he disingaged from the lineman and then bending and speed, those are finesse pass rusher traits or no?
If you call that a bend, than I must be a pass rusher too.

No that is not what I call a bend.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ojulari is the guy next to #52 getting sandwiched but he exploded thru and sacked Heinicki. He’s got strength.
Ok, so does Fotu - but I don't consider him a pass rusher either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You may be right on your projection for Stills, but I don't agree with your take on Williams, Wilson and Ojulari. My bet is that all three will prove to be NFL starters. Time will tell.
It is early on a lot of these guys. PJJ has string together more quality games than Stills, Williams and Ojulari combined so far. Let's just take a breathe and enjoy the fact that it looks like Monti avoided drafting guys who can't even get on the field in the NFL.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is early on a lot of these guys. PJJ has string together more quality games than Stills, Williams and Ojulari combined so far. Let's just take a breathe and enjoy the fact that it looks like Monti avoided drafting guys who can't even get on the field in the NFL.
Yup. That fact that we are getting production from so many is a step up

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When you talk about Monti's first draft, you have to include the future draft capital he picked up.
Depends on what you are judging.

If you’re judging his overall actions as a GM that comes into play. If you’re judging his talent identification and capabilities of timing the draft the additional draft capital shouldn’t.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was told that getting 3 starters out of one draft class was so rare that if you were at a steakhouse you could still hear the mooing.
Lots of hyperbole here. What happens when it happens again next year and the Cardinals add a few good starters in FA?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of hyperbole here. What happens when it happens again next year and the Cardinals add a few good starters in FA?
Not Hyperbole. I was told by several people here that it was crazy to believe the Cardinals could end up with 3 legitimate starters and some quality role players out of one draft.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Not Hyperbole. I was told by several people here that it was crazy to believe the Cardinals could end up with 3 legitimate starters and some quality role players out of one draft.

Considering it happens to us maybe once every 10 years, it's an unrealistic expectation.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Well it has to be put into some sort of context. If you are a bottom dweller and are picking high in each round or have multiple first round picks, it's probably easier. Also you obviously have holes on your team that need to be filled.

Now if your the Superbowl champs picking last in every round, and not as many big holes to fill. Probably tougher.

Finally if you trade away picks like those on fire then you probably will never do it.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well it has to be into some sort of context. If you are a bottom dweller and are picking high in each round or have multiple first round picks, it's probably easier. Also you obviously have holes on your team that need to be filled.

Now if your the Superbowl champs picking last in every round, and not as many big holes to fill. Probably tougher.

Finally if you trade away picks like those on fire then you probably will never do it.
There's also a middle ground where you're a team like the Seahawks last season or the Saints a few years ago. Start with a firm foundation and a revelatory rookie class can set them up for a nice medium-term run.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Considering it happens to us maybe once every 10 years, it's an unrealistic expectation.

Just because past Cardinals regimes have sucked at the draft doesn't mean the current one will. This is what K9 would call a poverty fan mindset.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Just because past Cardinals regimes have sucked at the draft doesn't mean the current one will. This is what K9 would call a poverty fan mindset.
This isn't a Cardinals problem, this is a drafting for everyone problem. It IS crazy to think that you can regularly be drafting 3 legit starters and good backups. NOBODY is consistently drafting 3 legit starters AND quality role players consistently.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah because everything is exactly the same as it was ten years ago.
This isn't a Cardinals problem, this is a drafting for everyone problem. It IS crazy to think that you can regularly be drafting 3 legit starters and good backups. NOBODY is consistently drafting 3 legit starters AND quality role players consistently.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson