Rookie Class

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
It's starting to look like Ossenfort had a very good first draft. With Ojulari, Stills, and Williams getting significant playing time on the defensive side, and Wilson and Johnson making contributions on the offense, we may have 5 or more future starters from this draft class.

I've always thought that if you get 3 starters from a draft class, then it's a good draft. Five starters would be a home run and it's even possible that we wind up with more than 5, depending on the development of Pappoe, Gaines and Clark. I know that I'm a glass is half-full kind of guy and it's a bit premature, but I'm impressed so far.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My philosophy on this is not to measure against who are starters on a 2-8 team as success. You define it as who will start on your next playoff team, who could be a key rotational player, and who are rotational players on that team.

PJJ - Starter on the next playoff team
Stills - Rotational player
Garrett Williams - Too soon to tell
Michael Wilson - Rotational player (significant downgrade after the past month)
B.J. Ojulari - Rotational player (with upside still maybe)

This is a moderately below average draft class but if we're going to become a playoff team we need to hit some home runs in free agency or double this output.

Kei'Trel Clark can't get off the bench.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kei Trel Clark must have done something to get in the dog house. There is no way he is worse than Marco Wilson
That’s definitely my feeling from being a training camp Darling. To being named day 1 starter and actually showing well at times to automatic bench and almost no PT stinks of he muffed up somewhere big. And I don’t mean on the field.

OP
OP
Card'em

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score

You may be right on your projection for Stills, but I don't agree with your take on Williams, Wilson and Ojulari. My bet is that all three will prove to be NFL starters. Time will tell.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
You may be right on your projection for Stills, but I don't agree with your take on Williams, Wilson and Ojulari. My bet is that all three will prove to be NFL starters. Time will tell.
I'd say it's too soon to tell on all 3 - Williams and Ojulari due to their camp injuries, and Wilson until we can see more of how he does with Kyler at QB.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not impressed with Ojulari.

He screams just a guy to me. I feel like he is just getting playing time due to his draft position.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For a guy that didn't show enough in college to get picked early in a weak DL draft Stills is doing great.
If he keeps making plays in the backfield teams will start to double him...that's plenty to make him a starter.... beating that double a few times a game to make a play would make him a + starter...
We like to rush 4... if he draws the double that leaves our speed guys 1 on 1
He is an older rookie... turns 24 in a few weeks... but he should get a bit stronger...and I'm sure his current coaches have more to teach than he got at WV.... I like what I see from him...but if I'm being honest I wish I was seeing it at 21 instead of nearly 24. The biggest downside to drafting older players is there is less room for physical development... but I have hopes Stills will be a 40-50% snaps guy

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I am not impressed with Ojulari.

He screams just a guy to me. I feel like he is just getting playing time due to his draft position.
Did you miss the game yesterday? Kid had a pretty good game. Now time will tell if he's a player or not, but how you could come away from yesterday's game and say you were not impressed is beyond me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My philosophy on this is not to measure against who are starters on a 2-8 team as success. You define it as who will start on your next playoff team, who could be a key rotational player, and who are rotational players on that team.

This is a moderately below average draft class but if we're going to become a playoff team we need to hit some home runs in free agency or double this output.

Kei'Trel Clark can't get off the bench.

The fact that you downdraged WIlson within a month shows why we shouldn't be judging draft classes yet. If WIlson has a 100 yard game next week or Garret Wilson has a pick 6 and 2 PD's all of a sudden it's changed again.

Let's just say that so far it's very promising. Certain the most promising we have had in some time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The fact that you downdraged WIlson within a month shows why we shouldn't be judging draft classes yet. If WIlson has a 100 yard game next week or Garret Wilson has a pick 6 and 2 PD's all of a sudden it's changed again.

Let's just say that so far it's very promising. Certain the most promising we have had in some time.
Too early to judge, but let’s pass some quick judgements.

Only positive reviews allowed.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wilson may not have the traits of a pro bowler cause lack of speed and quickness but he can be a reliable wr2 or wr3
Cbs is difficult to evaluate now, need more time to know if they were the right picks, garrett williams seems promising btw
Dante stills looks the best pass rusher of the defensive line, we got great value pick here, no doubt a good rotational player
Paris Johnson is by far the best offensive lineman, andi i think probably a future top 15, tackle in the league

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you miss the game yesterday? Kid had a pretty good game. Now time will tell if he's a player or not, but how you could come away from yesterday's game and say you were not impressed is beyond me.
No. Both of his sacks displayed no real pass rushing skill. One was just due to a stunt, the other was mainly bad blocking and a coverage sack.

I want to see my pass rushers definitively beat their blocker - I have yet to see him do that once. I have seen Luketa and Dimukeji do that on at least a few occasions.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. Both of his sacks displayed no real pass rushing skill. One was just due to a stunt, the other was mainly bad blocking and a coverage sack.

I want to see my pass rushers definitively beat their blocker - I have yet to see him do that once. I have seen Luketa and Dimukeji do that on at least a few occasions.
First sack he disingaged from the lineman and then bending and speed, those are finesse pass rusher traits or no?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wilson may not have the traits of a pro bowler cause lack of speed and quickness but he can be a reliable wr2 or wr3
Cbs is difficult to evaluate now, need more time to know if they were the right picks, garrett williams seems promising btw
Dante stills looks the best pass rusher of the defensive line, we got great value pick here, no doubt a good rotational player
Paris Johnson is by far the best offensive lineman, andi i think probably a future top 15, tackle in the league
The Cardinals two best wide receivers in my lifetime, Boldin and Fitzgerald, built Hall of Fame careers with a lack of speed. I'm not counting Wilson out for anything at this point. It would be foolish to do so. It would also be foolish to consider him a Hall of famer this point. Just sit back and see how the kid develops.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals two best wide receivers in my lifetime, Boldin and Fitzgerald, built Hall of Fame careers with a lack of speed. I'm not counting Wilson out for anything at this point. It would be foolish to do so. It would also be foolish to consider him a Hall of famer this point. Just sit back and see how the kid develops.
Even if Wilson is very good , we still need more at that position. Moore is strictly a gimmick player without enough gimmick in him. Pascal, um no.

Brown, Wilson and any of the top 3 receiver in college would give us a real threat.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Ojulari is the guy next to #52 getting sandwiched but he exploded thru and sacked Heinicki. He’s got strength.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No. It's too early to judge what they might be by saying who are and who are not future starters.

But perfectly reasonable to judge them on what they are doing right now as rookies.
I think we can at least be somewhat optimistic. Ojulari is coming on as is Garrett Williams. Wilson should be a competent NFL receiver, Stills looks like a solid rotational DL, PJJ could be a really good tackle.

If I'm being maybe Fantasyland optimistic, this draft could produce four starters. I think three is what will probably happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson