Rocky Balboa (Rocky VI)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
Nice one. Pulled that one out of the archives.

Did anyone say this about “Clubber” Lang back in 1982?

No because he was a good villian in that movie

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Rocky Balboa

One week until the release of our chance to say goodbye to an American Icon of our youth.

At first, I had my trepidations towards a new Rocky movie after over a decade long absence, however thinking this over, I completely understand the logic..

Not since Dorothy and Judy Garland has one character more defined the career of an actor than Rocky Balboa has done for Sylvester Stallone. He's had success in other movies and done well in more, however at the end of the day, for the rest of his life and well afterwards, Rocky will always define the career of Stallone, and this movie gives us one last chance to see the hero of many of our youth and puts closure to the character once and for all.

So, what's your thoughts on how this ends? I have my own ideas.

1). Rocky goes in the huge underdog, fighting Mason Dixon (Antonio Tarver) who lacks respect for the former champ. Rocky goes in, puts up the fight of his life, loses but still gains the respect of Dixon, thus taking the series full circle (in his first fight, he was the unknown fighter who gains the respect of the brash Apollo Creed, but loses. This scenario brings the series full circle, he loses to conclude the first movie but gains the respect of the champ and loses to conclude the last but gains the respect of the champ, thus putting closure to the series.)

2). Rocky dies. It sounds cold, but at the same time, with the beginning of the movie as it is (for those who want to know, IM me, I don't want to ruin anything for others), there's a lot of teasers that this might very well happen.

What's your thoughts?

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I really hated the idea of this at first, but...it does look cool and, after hearing him on the Dan Patrick Show, I'm all about it. He said this movie is to wrap up the series (thus NOT being called Rocky VI) and make up for the disappointment of Rocky V. Class act to admit it like that.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. Some of those pics look absolutely realistic.

A-Bomb

Yeah, the PS3 rocks. Or are those X360?

Not. Seeing. This. "Movie."

They better kill Rocky in the ring though...then maybe I'd rent it. Plus, it would stop copycat old washed up fogey boxers wanting to fight the champ because their video version of themselves won on Fight Night 2008 or whatever blech blah blooey this freaking stupid plotline wretches forth.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There won't be a force strong enough on earth to keep me away from this movie.

Jersey--want a date on the 20th???

I heart Rocky. :)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I He said this movie is to wrap up the series and make up for the disappointment of Rocky V. Class act to admit it like that.

He has also publicly apologized for "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot"

yep...I heart Sylvester Stallone. Oldest man alive I wouldn't kick outta bed.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There won't be a force strong enough on earth to keep me away from this movie.

Jersey--want a date on the 20th???

I heart Rocky. :)

Dont forget to invite D-Dogg. Word has it he is dressing like Apollo Creed and camping out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn