Rock Band

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here.

I was floored when I saw someone was still "unofficially" keeping the party rockin'.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some great tracks in there for sure. I'm just not sure I'd mess with all that when I could just as soon learn on the real thing. RB was definitely the spark that lit the music flame under my butt.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:blowsdustoffthread:

So, anyone still have their plastic instruments?

http://customscreatorscollective.wordpress.com/about-ccc/

:band:

I really wanted to get my hands on the new wireless drum kit with separate symbols but they were gone by the time I got around to wanting to get one. People were selling them on the Amazon market place but for ridiculous amounts.

I ended up buying a real guitar and later fell in love with Rocksmith. I will fire up the old stuff once in a blue moon with the kids but that is about it. Maybe I will look into getting a new drum kit again just for the kids. My old wired one kind of sucks.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to get my hands on the new wireless drum kit with separate symbols but they were gone by the time I got around to wanting to get one. People were selling them on the Amazon market place but for ridiculous amounts.

I ended up buying a real guitar and later fell in love with Rocksmith. I will fire up the old stuff once in a blue moon with the kids but that is about it. Maybe I will look into getting a new drum kit again just for the kids. My old wired one kind of sucks.

How's that going? I was always intrigued by Rocksmith, but honestly, it's hard to imagine going through the stereo when the Twin Reverb is sitting right over there.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, I was just going to ask if any of you guys have played Rocksmith. Is it worth getting to learn how to play? I played for a few years but not hardcore and could never got good. Wanted to know if this game really helps with learning and not just a game.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's that going? I was always intrigued by Rocksmith, but honestly, it's hard to imagine going through the stereo when the Twin Reverb is sitting right over there.

Actually I really like it. It really distracts you from the monotony of starting to learn the guitar. It teaches repetition in a way that distracts you from worrying about making mistakes and thinking about it too much. Even if you have experience as a friend of mine does some of the modes allow you to work on your skills while making it fun.

If your a casual Rock Band type....this game is not for you. The only real complaint I have about it is how they show you the notes on screen. It's sometimes hard to see the notes especially when the pace picks up. Rock Bands presentation was better from that perspective. Hopefully they fix this with the next version but again....minor complaint.

Rocksmith...unlike Rockband does legitimately teach you some skills.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I really like it. It really distracts you from the monotony of starting to learn the guitar. It teaches repetition in a way that distracts you from worrying about making mistakes and thinking about it too much. Even if you have experience as a friend of mine does some of the modes allow you to work on your skills while making it fun.

If your a casual Rock Band type....this game is not for you. The only real complaint I have about it is how they show you the notes on screen. It's sometimes hard to see the notes especially when the pace picks up. Rock Bands presentation was better from that perspective. Hopefully they fix this with the next version but again....minor complaint.

Rocksmith...unlike Rockband does legitimately teach you some skills.

Hmm. Does it touch on any type of music theory?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Does it have a section for beginners, so I can get my kids to start learning, or is this game for some what decent players that just need that push? Like I said, I played ok years ago, but I would probably need to start all over again. Will this game help with that?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it have a section for beginners, so I can get my kids to start learning, or is this game for some what decent players that just need that push? Like I said, I played ok years ago, but I would probably need to start all over again. Will this game help with that?
My brother has taught himself from scratch using Rocksmith; he loves it.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't see these. :)

The thing I like about it is the same as I feel with my acoustic, you just pick it up and play. It's nice to not have to fuss around with a bunch of equipment and settings when you just want to practice and have fun for a while, especially for those that aren't experts on such things.

Wow, I was just going to ask if any of you guys have played Rocksmith. Is it worth getting to learn how to play? I played for a few years but not hardcore and could never got good. Wanted to know if this game really helps with learning and not just a game.
Highly recommended, especially if you already have an electric guitar and necessary console/PC. It does a great job of teaching without making it seem like it's a chore (though it's still a guitar, you still have to put in the effort). Definitely not just a tutorial nor just a video game.

Hmm. Does it touch on any type of music theory?
Not in an academic sense. It does have some lessons for beginners, along with teaching different playing techniques and chords so you aren't just mindlessly trying to mime what's on the screen, but it doesn't try to teach you the math principles behind music or anything.

The game automatically adjusts to your level of expertise, and moves itself up and down as you need it to when you're learning. Even for an absolute beginner it will start you off just playing a few notes on one string then progress upward as you get it. There's quite a few features that go along with it too, like for instance you can play split screen where the two players are at different difficulty levels.

There are some seriously good players that will put up videos on youtube as well, I'll typically take a look at them before deciding to buy a new downloadable song. They don't get bored with it either, so it really does do a good job of keeping players of all skill levels engaged.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this one coming but here you go:

ROCK BAND™ MUSIC STORE SPRINGS TO LIFE WITH NEW MUSIC FROM ARCTIC MONKEYS, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, AND FOO FIGHTERS!

Cambridge, Mass. – January 12th, 2015 – Harmonix today announced that new tracks from Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, and Foo Fighters are headed to the Rock Band™ Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Rock Band provides the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums through the Rock Band music platform, which features more than 1,400 artists and more than 3,500* tracks via disc and download purchase (complete list of tracks at www.rockband.com/songs). Rock Band’s gigantic music library dwarfs that of any other rhythm video game on the market. More than 100 million songs have been sold through the Rock Band Music Store since its launch on Nov. 20, 2007.

Tracks downloaded from the Rock Band Music Store are compatible with the award-winning full-band Rock Band 3 experience, as well as the controller-based rhythm-action title, Rock Band Blitz, available now on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade!

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system

On Tuesday, January 13th, new music from Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, and Foo Fighters will hit the Rock Band Music Store!

“R U Mine?” marks the first appearance of the Grammy Award winning Arctic Monkeys on the Rock Band platform. From 2013’s critically acclaimed album AM, “R U Mine?” – with its driving riffs, syncopated rock beats, and memorable hook – is perfect for Artic Monkeys’ Rock Band debut.

One of the most fan requested artists, Avenged Sevenfold, makes their return to Rock Band with “Shepherd Of Fire.” The track comes from the band’s sixth studio record, 2013’s Billboard chart-topping Hail to the King.

Foo Fighters’ “Something From Nothing” from the band’s latest, 2014’s Sonic Highways, will also be available for download. Heard in the opening sequence of the hit HBO music documentary series Sonic Highways, directed by Foo Fighters’ frontman Dave Grohl, “Something From Nothing” topped the charts when it was released last October.

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (January 13th, 2015):

• Arctic Monkeys – “R U Mine?”
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Shepherd Of Fire”
• Foo Fighters – “Something From Nothing”

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per song

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 21st)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Website Links:
For more information, please visit:

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rb-dlc-11315/

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish they would let me port this over to my XBOX ONE.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard