Robin Hood (Ridley Scott)

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Looking foward to this. The battle scenes are from the Crusades by all accounts so good to see its been included.

On a side note Scott was born about two miles from my house so he always gets my £7 at the pictures....like he needs it :)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read someone say that this was the "Batman Begins" version of the Robin Hood legend. I would agree. Now we need the "Dark Knight" version to follow it up. That would be awesome.

In the end, this movie will only satisfy me if it is part of a larger vision by Ridley Scott. If this is all that I am going to get, I will say it is interesting, but in no way a classic.

That was me regarding "Batman Begins". I also agree that Scott needs to follow up with another movie. This movie leaves you hungering more!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Looking foward to this. The battle scenes are from the Crusades by all accounts so good to see its been included.
Huh? Where did you hear that? There are no scenes from the Crusades, unless you want to count the first battle in France as part of the Crusades.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? Where did you hear that? There are no scenes from the Crusades, unless you want to count the first battle in France as part of the Crusades.

They are returning from the Crusades if I recall correctly. But yeah I wouldn't consider it the "Crusades".

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
It's an enjoyable movie that clearly has it's flaws. However if you can get past them it's a very good popcorn movie and is well worth seeing.

It was an interesting take on the Robin Hood story. In fact initially you could barely tell it was Robin Hood if it weren't for the characters having the recognizable names.

Think of the concept of Batman Begins and move it to the Robin Hood theme. I would have titled this movie "Robin Hood Begins". However if I were to describe this movie I would call it more Braveheart than Robin Hood for most of the movie. It's not until the very end of the movie that you recognize Robin Hood as the character that we all know well.

I did think that the casting worked and the look fit the period well.
This.

I was hoping for another Gladiator and I got a popcorn movie. I think they oversold it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually just watched a history channel thing about if Robin Hood was real. They constantly referred to this movie and it's scenes as the most accurate protrayal of Robin Hood and the events surrounding the people at the time.

He wasn't a noble, he was a yeoman archer. Talked a lot about King Richard and the establishment of the middle class. Ect...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I actually just watched a history channel thing about if Robin Hood was real. They constantly referred to this movie and it's scenes as the most accurate protrayal of Robin Hood and the events surrounding the people at the time.

He wasn't a noble, he was a yeoman archer. Talked a lot about King Richard and the establishment of the middle class. Ect...

Yes, that's what I liked about the movie. That, and I thought t was rather well done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave