Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My conclusions.

- Sarver is an a-hole and doesn't appear to be a good guy. He runs a toxic organization that likely after this story will damage the Suns reputation. This part shouldn't be a surprise. We have seen his behavior reflect poorly on the Suns. We knew this.

- Some of this appears to be him joking in poor taste over and over.

- Some might be old school misogyny

- Some might be from disgruntled ex-employees.

- Some and possibly the most disturbing are the racist and sexist incidents in the organization. If even 10% of this type of stuff happens at a regular job heads role and people are fired. There are some disturbing patterns of his behavior that CANNOT be overlooked provided the number of employees (not all fired) that seemed to confirm those patterns of behavior and how the organization is run (Ex HR head and Co-owner for starters).

- I think Sarver should go. When an owner becomes a distraction, that can impact who gets hired in the front office, what free agents you can attract and becomes a bigger story than the team? It's time to go.

- Is there enough here to force him out? Not sure. That's the NBA's job but that might be harder than you think. 70 people were interviewed. If MOST of these people with the most serious allegations are willing to put their name on record? Again...he should go.

"You know, why does Draymond Green get to run up the court and say [N-word]," Sarver, who is white, allegedly said, repeating the N-word several times in a row. "You can't say that," Watson, who is Black and Hispanic, told Sarver. "Why?" Sarver replied. "Draymond Green says [N-word]." "You can't f---ing say that," Watson said again.

"Some told ESPN that he has used racially insensitive language repeatedly in the office."

"Sarver once passing around a picture of his wife in a bikini to employees and speaking about times his wife performed oral sex on him. " "More than a dozen employees recalled Sarver making lewd comments in all-staff meetings, including discussing times when his wife would perform oral sex on him. Four former employees said that in several all-staff meetings Sarver claimed he needed to wear Magnum or extra-large condoms. Former employees said he asked players about their sex lives and the sexual prowess of their significant others."

This from a CO-Owner:
"The level of misogyny and racism is beyond the pale," one Suns co-owner said about Sarver. "It's embarrassing as an owner."

Again, multiple people dispute Sarver NEVER using the "N" word:

"At least a half-dozen Suns staffers recounted to ESPN instances of Sarver hearing a story from a Black player and then using the same language when retelling it, down to the usage of the N-word."

Another instance:
"These [N-words] need a [N-word]," Sarver told the staffer of his largely Black team, according to the executive."

The former head of HR confirms that basically misconduct, wrongful termination and other things was a regular thing in the organization and the team settled suits all the time to keep it out of the press.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My conclusions.

- Sarver is an a-hole and doesn't appear to be a good guy. He runs a toxic organization that likely after this story will damage the Suns reputation. This part shouldn't be a surprise. We have seen his behavior reflect poorly on the Suns. We knew this.

- Some of this appears to be him joking in poor taste over and over.

- Some might be old school misogyny

- Some might be from disgruntled ex-employees.

- Some and possibly the most disturbing are the racist and sexist incidents in the organization. If even 10% of this type of stuff happens at a regular job heads role and people are fired. There are some disturbing patterns of his behavior that CANNOT be overlooked provided the number of employees (not all fired) that seemed to confirm those patterns of behavior and how the organization is run (Ex HR head and Co-owner for starters).

- I think Sarver should go. When an owner because a distraction that can impact who gets hired in the front office, what free agents you can attract and becomes a bigger story than the team? It's time to go.

- Is there enough here to go? I am not sure. It depends. 70 people were interviewed. If MOST of these people with the most serious allegations are willing to put their name on record? Again...he should go.

"You know, why does Draymond Green get to run up the court and say [N-word]," Sarver, who is white, allegedly said, repeating the N-word several times in a row. "You can't say that," Watson, who is Black and Hispanic, told Sarver. "Why?" Sarver replied. "Draymond Green says [N-word]." "You can't f---ing say that," Watson said again.

"Some told ESPN that he has used racially insensitive language repeatedly in the office."

"Sarver once passing around a picture of his wife in a bikini to employees and speaking about times his wife performed oral sex on him. " "More than a dozen employees recalled Sarver making lewd comments in all-staff meetings, including discussing times when his wife would perform oral sex on him. Four former employees said that in several all-staff meetings Sarver claimed he needed to wear Magnum or extra-large condoms. Former employees said he asked players about their sex lives and the sexual prowess of their significant others."

This from a CO-Owner:
"The level of misogyny and racism is beyond the pale," one Suns co-owner said about Sarver. "It's embarrassing as an owner."

Again, multiple people dispute Sarver NEVER using the "N" word:

"At least a half-dozen Suns staffers recounted to ESPN instances of Sarver hearing a story from a Black player and then using the same language when retelling it, down to the usage of the N-word."

Another instance:
"These [N-words] need a [N-word]," Sarver told the staffer of his largely Black team, according to the executive."

The former head of HR confirms that basically misconduct, wrongful termination and other things was a regular thing in the organization and the team settled suits all the time to keep it out of the press.
he needs to go

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid this matter is going to drag on forever.

For the good of the franchise I wish Robert Sarver would resign.

I do think the comments by Michelle Roberts former Director of the NBPA and Steve Kerr former Suns GM carries some weight.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sarver drawing up plays at halftime lmao
Seems to be a theme with higher ups from UofA. The president of the school has given its football and basketball coaches plays to run during games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do badly want the ownership group to shove that stupid Foam Finger up Sarver’s ass and then kick it out the damn door.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He needs to go, but we also need to virtually ignore anything coming from Earl Watson. The guy WAS toxic. The misogyny from Sarver is no surprise, but I will bet that is an issue with most of the front offices in the league.

The worst part is the racist and the work environment stuff. The HR department is virtually useless over there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to go, but we also need to virtually ignore anything coming from Earl Watson. The guy WAS toxic. The misogyny from Sarver is no surprise, but I will bet that is an issue with most of the front offices in the league.

The worst part is the racist and the work environment stuff. The HR department is virtually useless over there.
I felt the opposite, the worst to me is the toxic environment and the emotional abuse of female employees. The racist claims aren't as clear to me nor do they appear to be as extreme as his general mistreatment of employees especially females.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I cannot believe how many of you are falling for an obvious Rich Paul / Earl Watson revenge stunt. All because you don't like the guy.

EDIT: I don't like the guy, and I am sure the place was toxic during all those losing years. But let's not pretend that Earl Watson doesn't have an axe to grind.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns Vice Chairman Jahm Najafi calls allegations against Robert Sarver "unacceptable."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reported expectation is the league will do an investigation per tweet below.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baxter Holmes will be on the Woj Pod.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This.

For the suns, Sarver can't be the only guy like this if it continued this long.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe how many of you are falling for an obvious Rich Paul / Earl Watson revenge stunt. All because you don't like the guy.

EDIT: I don't like the guy, and I am sure the place was toxic during all those losing years. But let's not pretend that Earl Watson doesn't have an axe to grind.
I have zero doubt that this is part of the motivation for this report but there is just too much coming out that Paul and Watson wouldn't have been connected to. No matter what they finally decide, it sure looks to me that it is a toxic work environment.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I have zero doubt that this is part of the motivation for this report but there is just too much coming out that Paul and Watson wouldn't have been connected to. No matter what they finally decide, it sure looks to me that it is a toxic work environment.
Remove the Rich Paul and Earl Watson stuff from that article and it's still pretty damning. Although I think going all-in on Earl Watson was a mistake by Baxter.

I'm wondering if one of those "anonymous" former employees was Amin.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

I agree. I cant stand the guy myself and had wished Jerry never sold the team to him but I heard over the years the NBA didnt receive one complaint about the conduct of Robert Saver until now. Whether or not that's a fact I dont know?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove the Rich Paul and Earl Watson stuff from that article and it's still pretty damning. Although I think going all-in on Earl Watson was a mistake by Baxter.

I'm wondering if one of those "anonymous" former employees was Amin.
This. Let's assume the Earl Watson and even a couple of the incidents is sour grapes. THERE ARE 70 PEOPLE ON RECORD WHO WERE NOT ALL FIRED.

Let that sink in. 70 including ownership and an ex-HR head. People that didn't have an axe to grind but got the hell out because it was so toxic. Racism and sexism has no place in the organization. None. Too many people confirm the racism and sexism.

Sarver must go. He simply cannot be a bigger story than the team. I hope he does the honorable thing and resigns but based on his character that likely wont happen.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I cant stand the guy myself and had wished Jerry never sold the team to him but I heard over the years the NBA didnt receive one complaint about the conduct of Robert Saver until now. Whether or not that's a fact I dont know?
That's because the Suns had a culture of covering things up by making sure it never got past HR or they settled with employees as a practice even if they were wrongfully terminated. That's according to the ex-head of HR who was NOT fired by the way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson