Robert Quinn available

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals mught need a center as well unless the matter with Hudson is resolved.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Where are all these quality FA signings that will absolutely plug our manifold needs that I've been promised would easily be available this time of year? Bueller, Bueller? I feel some posters were quite nonchalant in making unrealistic guarantees earlier in the offseason with their "all is well" rhetoric. You know who you are ;)

Cardinal88

Rookie
Reaction score
Jones signed a $51M contract for 3 years and $17M per year. Didn't the Bears sign Quinn for $70M with a $3M signing bonus and $30M guaranteed? I'm not a cap person but I would think the Bears would have to eat the $30M amount leaving $40M over remaining 3 years ($13M/year). Seems like a decent deal compared to Jones contract.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I wonder if all the other teams simply have not blocked the Cards' front office number on their phones at this point... while Keim is frantically getting new numbers which they add to the solicitor list lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jones signed a $51M contract for 3 years and $17M per year. Didn't the Bears sign Quinn for $70M with a $3M signing bonus and $30M guaranteed? I'm not a cap person but I would think the Bears would have to eat the $30M amount leaving $40M over remaining 3 years ($13M/year). Seems like a decent deal compared to Jones contract.
Quinn would cost 12.9, 14, 13 over the remainder of his contract. He is 32 years old and coming off his 2nd double digit sack season in the past 7 years.

Jones costs the Raiders 7.8, 19.4, 19.4 over the next 3 years. He is also 32 yards old and coming off his 6th double digit sack season in the past 7 years.

Chandler knew the system, and Quinn would not. Chandler would not have cost draft picks to sign and Quinn would.

So yes, there would be cost savings but we already are strapped to find ways to fill out our roster moving forward and giving up the draft picks we have to acquire expensive and old edge players who may or may not fit our system isn't really a great strategy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Quinn would cost 12.9, 14, 13 over the remainder of his contract. He is 32 years old and coming off his 2nd double digit sack season in the past 7 years.

Jones costs the Raiders 7.8, 19.4, 19.4 over the next 3 years. He is also 32 yards old and coming off his 6th double digit sack season in the past 7 years.

Chandler knew the system, and Quinn would not. Chandler would not have cost draft picks to sign and Quinn would.

So yes, there would be cost savings but we already are strapped to find ways to fill out our roster moving forward and giving up the draft picks we have to acquire expensive and old edge players who may or may not fit our system isn't really a great strategy.

Sometimes it's better to go the cheaper route. If the collection of Gardeck, Thomas, Kennard, and Sanders can match Jones' sacks, it's a win.

I'd rather look at a center and CB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sometimes it's better to go the cheaper route. If the collection of Gardeck, Thomas, Kennard, and Sanders can match Jones' sacks, it's a win.

I'd rather look at a center and CB.
I also think it goes to what seems to be Bidwill's spending directive which is apparently "don't spend as I am going to have to cut a fat check for Kyler".

Ultimately outside of DL and C (depending on Hudson), I am good to take this roster into the season and see what happens. The NFC is pretty crappy right now so what we have this year is good enough to compete if Kyler can play like he will be getting paid. And, if he can't, we are stuck overpaying him and will be a fringe playoff team for the entirety of his contract.

Our roster issues are less 2022 and more 2023.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I also think it goes to what seems to be Bidwill's spending directive which is apparently "don't spend as I am going to have to cut a fat check for Kyler".

Ultimately outside of DL and C (depending on Hudson), I am good to take this roster into the season and see what happens. The NFC is pretty crappy right now so what we have this year is good enough to compete if Kyler can play like he will be getting paid. And, if he can't, we are stuck overpaying him and will be a fringe playoff team for the entirety of his contract.

Our roster issues are less 2022 and more 2023.
What sucks Chopper is that the NFC appears crappy right now and it does not appear the Cards are capable of going all out to take advantage of that for whatever reason past bad drafts and player snafus (insert D-Hop and Hudson)... oops, those are the reasons lol

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseyslayer