ROB: Trades and Roster Favorites

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t get the point of posting this here if you don’t want it to turn into an argument about the person. Especially because it’s the same old tune, trades that will never happen formulated off of nothing but wild speculation.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I always enjoyed Mitch's trade scenario and roster projection posts.

Reaction score
He's trading the only wr we have that can take the top off a defense. We are short on wr's as it is.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you don't want to win football games, you're pretty smart to trade your kicker for basically nothing.

Is there a throwing spaghetti emoji?

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Trading kicker Phil Dawson doesn't seem like a real good idea. Especially for a low draft pick.
Matt McCrane was pretty good at Kansas State, but I'm not aware how his performance has transitioned to the NFL. Maybe someone can give us an update.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Must be nice to be able to propose any sort of poor man's Madden trade and not be called out on the ridiculousness of said proposals. I'm of the belief that I inadvertently chased Mitch away because I called him out on his Large Feline takes.

I'm all for people having unique opinions on these matters, but I'm also for ISPs canceling your internet service for being silly with them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this, Rugby. If this were someone else writing on ROTB or Bleacher Report or whatever, it would be posted here. I feel like Mitch should've disclosed that he was cross-posting from DrunkTrades.com

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Must be nice to be able to propose any sort of poor man's Madden trade and not be called out on the ridiculousness of said proposals. I'm of the belief that I inadvertently chased Mitch away because I called him out on his Large Feline takes.

I'm all for people having unique opinions on these matters, but I'm also for ISPs canceling your internet service for being silly with them.
I also feel the bolded about myself but with calling out the trades.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this, Rugby. If this were someone else writing on ROTB or Bleacher Report or whatever, it would be posted here. I feel like Mitch should've disclosed that he was cross-posting from DrunkTrades.com

There is another article from him on that site, along with a host of other topics.

Ugh.......I guess this will have to be the topic. Never had an issue with Mitch except for when he would post full Patriots game reviews on this site. Its a Cardinals board, and there is even a section on this forum for other teams.

Point being, as far reaching his views could be, he gave people stuff to talk about on this board. Thus why I posted it here. Mitch can write without rebuttal, and we can comment without hurt feelings, and threats.

I say let by gones, be by gones, and just talk about the topics.

The thought of trading JJ Nelson, or Mike Glennon are worthy topics to kick the can around about, IMHO. The rest, well, maybe someone else can justify those trades, or see some reasoning for them.

Reaction score
There is another article from him on that site, along with a host of other topics.

Ugh.......I guess this will have to be the topic. Never had an issue with Mitch except for when he would post full Patriots game reviews on this site. Its a Cardinals board, and there is even a section on this forum for other teams.

Point being, as far reaching his views could be, he gave people stuff to talk about on this board. Thus why I posted it here. Mitch can write without rebuttal, and we can comment without hurt feelings, and threats.

I say let by gones, be by gones, and just talk about the topics.

The thought of trading JJ Nelson, or Mike Glennon are worthy topics to kick the can around about, IMHO. The rest, well, maybe someone else can justify those trades, or see some reasoning for them.

He's had a couple of good articles over there. He's also had a couple of nonsense ones. Bottom line is he's enjoying himself.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m one of the people that Mitch doesn’t miss. That said I always read his posts because they were provocative. I think Mitch’s greatest failing was he didn’t see them as provocative and would get his feelings hurt if you contested them or called them ridiculous.

For instance, I think this entire article is ridiculous. No one is trading for Nelson, Glennon or our kicker for a number of reasons:

1. It’s JJ Nelson, Mike Glennon, and an old kicker.
  2. those guys aren’t that good.
  3. He’s contemplating getting back 6th round picks
Who talks about any of that stuff without just shrugging and going “hrmmph?” That’s why it’s just a silly article to me. There’s nothing to discuss. For instance, this entire thread is about Mitch and not the substance of the article because there’s just no meat on the bone in that article. It’s like trying to nibble the remaining kernels of corn off a cob that’s already been eaten.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well none of these trades will ever happen, as most of Mitch's stuff was just speculating and "what ifs" and I enjoyed them because it's like saying "what if you could be invisible for 1 day" , they were fun and I wish he could've not taken things so personal and just had fun with all of us miscreants...like TJ...you big turd it's all your fault....lol :)

Reactions: TJ

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I'll cut the elephant in the room out of the equation then, and go on topic.

Who is going to trade for a 160 lb WR whose best season barely eclipses 500 yards? A guy with barely reliable hands that's going to get crushed by most NFL DBs? The honest truth is, they aren't. JJ isn't a name. John Brown was, but JJ is that guy who gets barely talked about by people looking for a fill-in, shot-in-the-dark WR3 in their 14 team fantasy league. No one would be shocked if JJ's contract ran out and he fell out of the league, even though I think he'll at least be good enough for another one somewhere. But no one is giving up draft capital.

Mike Glennon? The cap numbers alone pretty much prevent this. If we cut or trade him, we literally pay more against the cap than we would to just keep him on the roster. It's either keep him for 2 million, or get rid of him for four. Pointless, and why it's stupid to even entertain the offer.

Phil Dawson is lucky to have a job, much less get anything in a trade.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard