Road games

Reaction score
Do you travel to see the Cards play on the road?

When the schedule comes out, I look for which away game(s) I plan to attend. I tried to match it up with other schedules to see what other events are in town. eg.. Is ASU playing at USC or UCLA the same weekend as the Cards are visiting the Rams. Are the Dbacks playing the Giants the same weekend the Cards are playing the 49ers. Later, when the NBA and NHL schedules come out, I do the same thing. Are the Suns playing the Nuggets or Coyotes playing the Avs when the Cards are in Denver.

This helps me to make the most out of my travel budget and allows me to explore different cities.

Do you do this? If so, how do you manage it?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you travel to see the Cards play on the road?

When the schedule comes out, I look for which away game(s) I plan to attend. I tried to match it up with other schedules to see what other events are in town. eg.. Is ASU playing at USC or UCLA the same weekend as the Cards are visiting the Rams. Are the Dbacks playing the Giants the same weekend the Cards are playing the 49ers. Later, when the NBA and NHL schedules come out, I do the same thing. Are the Suns playing the Nuggets or Coyotes playing the Avs when the Cards are in Denver.

This helps me to make the most out of my travel budget and allows me to explore different cities.

Do you do this? If so, how do you manage it?
I did this when the Cards went to London. I used it as a time to travel up to Liverpool and watch them play at Anfield. Made a 2 week trip in the UK.

I plan on being at the Cards game in Denver this year since I live here now.

Welcome btw!

OP
OP
Wandering Spec
Reaction score
Welcome btw!
Thanks! In full disclosure, I'm a Bills fan first, then Cards. I usually travel to see the Bills once a year and try to line it up with a Penn State game if at all possible. We've been successful a couple of times.

I'm working on an app/website that will allow you to easily see the schedules and nearby games.

I'm curious to see what kind of interest there would be in this type of app/service.

OP
OP
Wandering Spec
Reaction score
Last year, I created a tool to see all of the games around the Cards. Then I broke down the schedule like this.

Sunday, Sep. 12 – at Tennessee Titans​

You must be registered for see images attach

Nashville has become one of the nation’s best party cities. With tons of bars and live music in a concentrated area, you’ll have a blast as you gear up for the opening game. If you’re interested in catching an early-season college game, make the drive to Knoxville and join the Vol Navy for some tailgating on the Tennessee River as Larry’s alma mater, Pitt visits the Volunteers.

Sunday, Sep. 19 – vs Minnesota​

Will Larry be in Cardinals Red or Minnesota Purple? Let’s hope he stays a Cardinal for the rest of his days. In town, the Diamondbacks host the Astros for a weekend series.

Sunday, Sep. 26 – at Jacksonville​

Head to Jax to see Trevor Lawrence and maybe Tim Tebow under the tutelage of first-year NFL Coach Urban Meyer. There have been 11 other NFL coaches that were hired directly from college since 2000. Only three have winning records – Jim Harbaugh, Chip Kelly, and Bill O’Brien. And all of them are back coaching in college! Heck, even Nick Saban had a losing record. Will Urban succeed? Or will he have “medical issues” again?

While you’re there, make the drive to Gainesville on Saturday for the Florida/Tennessee game and knock the Swamp off your bucket list.

Sunday, Oct. 3 – at LA Rams​

Here’s an awesome weekend for Phoenicians! Head over the LA early and catch your Sun Devils as they take on UCLA in the Rose Bowl. Then check out the new Sofi Stadium – built on the backs of student loans

Stick around for Monday and you’ll be treated to another game with the Chargers hosting the Raiders. This game, you can spend more time checking out the stadium.

Sunday, Oct. 10 – vs San Francisco​

Expect a Bay Area invasion this weekend as Stanford visits ASU over in Tempe on Saturday before the Cards host the 9ers in Glendale. PROTECT THE NEST!

Sunday, Oct. 17 – at Cleveland​

No other sporting events in town at the moment, but check out the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame while you’re there. If you’re up to it, make the hour drive to Canton to knock the Pro Football HOF off your list too!

Sunday, Oct. 24 – vs Houston​

Back at home to see JJ take on his old team. Will Deshaun be under center?

Nothing else happening, but check back when the NBA and NHL schedules are released to see if you can catch the Coyotes or Suns. Or hey, maybe the D-Backs will be hosting the World Series. One can dream…

Thursday, Oct. 28 – vs Green Bay​

A prime-time matchup against Rodgers. The question is, will it be Aaron? Or will it just be the new Clemson WR Amari Rodgers representing the surname? The Devils are also in town on Saturday against the Cougars.

Sunday, Nov. 7 – at San Francisco​

Head up to the Bay area early and catch the Utes as they visit Stanford on Friday. Yea, I know, Friday is for High School football. Stick around for a Sunday afternoon game against the division-rival 49ers.

Sunday, Nov. 14 – vs Carolina​

Back home, the Cards host the Panthers. Teddy Bridgewater fired a shot at Coach Rhule after he was traded to Denver. Is there trouble in Carolina or was it just sour grapes? Can Rhule save Darnold? Plenty of questions – and many will be answered by kickoff.

Sunday, Nov. 21 – at Seattle​

A final push before the Bye week and a trip to Seattle. There’s nothing else on the schedule at this point. If you travel to Seattle, stay away from any Autonomous Zones.

Sunday, Dec. 5 – at Chicago​

If your team is in the B1G Championship in Indy, it would be possible to combine the trip. Heck, it’s worth attending the game regardless. Indy’s a great host for big events. Otherwise, check back for Blackhawks and Bulls games.

Monday, Dec. 13 – vs Los Angeles Rams​

Another critical Division game. Nothing else happening at the moment, but let’s face it, any division game in December is worth seeing – and besides, the Great Lawn will likely be open to tailgating again!

Sunday, Dec. 19 – at Detroit​

A late-season trip to Detroit could get the team back on track for the final push. Maybe you can catch the Motor City Bowl (date TBA).

Saturday, Dec. 25 – vs Indianapolis​

Christmas Day against the Colts. Let’s hope Santa has a win for the Cards. My guess is tickets will be a dime a dozen – unless there are playoff implications.

Sunday, Jan. 2 – at Dallas​

Head in early and catch the Cotton Bowl on New Year’s Eve! This year it’s a semifinal for the CFP! The Jerry Dome is a destination unto itself. The entertainment complex next door will help you gear up for both games.

Sunday, Jan. 9 – vs Seattle​

Finish the season at home and hopefully lock up a playoff spot. Check back for the Suns and Yotes schedule.