Rivarly

Mojo

Veteran
Reaction score
Where do you all think the ASU-UA rivarly rates among the Pac-10 an the nation. To bad both teams suck or maybe the basement bowl would get some more national attention.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the Pac-10 and the Southwest, it's one of the most bitter rivalries.

Not because of the competition on the field, but mostly because of the animosity between the two areas, the Valley and that dustbowl down near the border. :cool:

I think they should get a sponsor specifically for this season's rivalry game: Rock Bottom Brewery. :thumbup: Loser is at the bottom of the Pac.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
If both teams were really good at the same sport it would be better. We're usually way ahead in basketball, them baseball, with football both being lousy.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
with football both being lousy.

I'd give us the edge in that also. Not just for the strong Kush years, but for the 2 Rose Bowls. UofA has yet to go there besides when they play UCLA at home. :D Hard to believe - UofA is the only Pac-10 team never to go to the Rose Bowl.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
I'd give us the edge in that also. Not just for the strong Kush years, but for the 2 Rose Bowls. UofA has yet to go there besides when they play UCLA at home. :D Hard to believe - UofA is the only Pac-10 team never to go to the Rose Bowl.

You're right, ASU has had a traditionally better football team. But how 'bout them IceCats!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Theres nothing in the world like a good ole UA-ASU trash session, and the week of thanksgiving has always been as much about that as the holidays.

Not this year.

Both teams suck nuts and I couldnt care less who wins.

Go CATS! go Devils! One gets to suck less than the other. Big whoop.

Im so disappointed in myself.

OP
OP
M

Mojo

Veteran
Reaction score
UA center guaranteed victory, he must think he's Bobby Wade

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I like the UA-ASU rivalry because it's not just a football rivalry. It's a southern Arizona vs. metro Phoenix rivalry. There's a lot of bad blood and it's just as bad for football, basketball, and every other sport or competition.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
I like the UA-ASU rivalry because it's not just a football rivalry. It's a southern Arizona vs. metro Phoenix rivalry. There's a lot of bad blood and it's just as bad for football, basketball, and every other sport or competition.

Exactly. :thumbup:

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13

Then what do you do if you're from Phoenix but go to school in Tucson?:eek:

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
Then what do you do if you're from Phoenix but go to school in Tucson?:eek:

Quit smoking pot because you had to be high to have that bad of grades you got shafted and had to go to UofMexico at Tucson.

Cardinal Mike!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardinalMike
Quit smoking pot because you had to be high to have that bad of grades you got shafted and had to go to UofMexico at Tucson.

Cardinal Mike!!

You must have majored in ASU's stellar "Basket Weaving" program, right?

OP
OP
M

Mojo

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin

I was going to, then someone told me they were selling U of A diplomas for 5 bucks. Sounded easier

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mojo
I was going to, then someone told me they were selling U of A diplomas for 5 bucks. Sounded easier

5 bucks? Wow, that's too expensive for the U of A basketball players...they'd have to shoplift a few. :D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin

Well I have to admit that UofA's "Underwater Basket Weaving" is a little more advanced. :D

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
5 bucks? Wow, that's too expensive for the U of A basketball players...they'd have to shoplift a few. :D

One good thing about the ASU basketball program, you get life skills. Not only do you learn how to play ball, they teach you how to shave!

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where do you all think the ASU-UA rivarly rates among the Pac-10 an the nation.

It doesn't even rate very high in the state of Arizona....the paper said there are still 20,000 unsold tickets on the day of the game!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Why spend 5 bucks when you can just exchange a stick of gum and a 6-pack of Schlitz for an ASU diploma?

OP
OP
M

Mojo

Veteran
Reaction score
I was going to get a UA diploma, but then I realzed going to SCC for two years would probably look better on a resume

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
God this is some of the most uninspired, and lame smack Ive ever read in my life...

For some unknown reason, Fox Sports NY couldnt get a local feed of the seniors bocci tournamnet, so they are playing ASU/UA instead. What do you know, Im watching the game!

Just kicked off! Go Cats!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bout what I expected on that first drive. Sieve like defense, and a freebie touchdown, no effort expired. ASU 7-0.

Grim.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing like working so close you hear the fireworks! Go Devils!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow. 2 questionable calls against the U during a 77 year drive that could have really cost them, but they manage to tie it up!

This is my first time seeing both teams this season.

For as bad as the U's D looked on that first drive, ASU'd D backs look equally as bad.

ASU run defense looks good, but the DBs and Safeties are NOWHERE to be seen on that drive. If Im Hankowitz, I throw throw throw and then throw some more. That'll get the running game loosened up.

7-7. Go CATS!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort