Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Dead at the age of 90.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, was Connery the bomb when I was growing up. He was everybody's hero in the 60's and beyond. I loved the guy. He and Robert Shaw together were magic for me.

RIP Sir

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, was Connery the bomb when I was growing up. He was everybody's hero in the 60's and beyond. I loved the guy. He and Robert Shaw together were magic for me.

RIP Sir

I didn't know this back in the 60's but the story of him manhandling and disarming an angry Johnny Stampanato on set (protecting Lana Turner) moved him way up my favorites list when I heard about it.

RIP Sean

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
R.I.P. Mr. Bond.

23 facts you didn't know about Sir Sean Connery

Love these two:

18. He was once stopped by a policeman for speeding. The cop’s name? Sergeant James Bond.

19. During his time as a milkman, he delivered milk to Fettes School in Edinburgh - the same school attended by James Bond in Fleming’s novels, following his expulsion from Eton.

Also:

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great old Hollywood story about Connery.

So Johnny Stomp was this WW2 hero. Came back and was a mob enforcer for Mickey Cohen. Who ran LA in the 40s. Killed Bugsy Siegel. He was Frank Nitti of LA. He was a war hero. And looked like a movie star. And was a known killer.

He dated Lana Turner, had an abusive relationship that ended when Lana Turners daughter stabbed him seventeen times. Allegedly. It’s old Hollywood. Like MGM or whoever covered it

All that to say, in the 50s Sean Connery was making a movie with Lana Turner. They had romance going on. Johnny Stomp. Mob enforcer. Was pissed. So he flies over to London. Comes to the set. And runs up up young Sean Connery.

Sean Connery beat the fudge out of him and threw him outta a second story window. And dared him to come back to set.

He never did.

The End

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

So Johnny Stomp was this WW2 hero. Came back and was a mob enforcer for Mickey Cohen. Who ran LA in the 40s. Killed Bugsy Siegel. He was Frank Nitti of LA. He was a war hero. And looked like a movie star. And was a known killer.

He dated Lana Turner, had an abusive relationship that ended when Lana Turners daughter stabbed him seventeen times. Allegedly. It’s old Hollywood. Like MGM or whoever covered it

All that to say, in the 50s Sean Connery was making a movie with Lana Turner. They had romance going on. Johnny Stomp. Mob enforcer. Was pissed. So he flies over to London. Comes to the set. And runs up up young Sean Connery.

Sean Connery beat the **** out of him and threw him outta a second story window. And dared him to come back to set.

He never did.

The End

Yep.

Read that Stompanato story several times over the weekend.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Sean Connery beat the **** out of him and threw him outta a second story window. And dared him to come back to set.

He never did.

The End

That is freaking awesome.

Like many my age who were a bit young for his James Bond roles I remember him most as Marco Ramius from Red October.

I remember thinking he did such a great job. Later in life people would point out the flaws in his accent but it never bothered me at the time.

I remember seeing Robin Hoood (with Kevin Costner) and SC made his cameo at the very end and the whole audience was clapping and I asked my dad; Why are they clapping for that Russian guy? lol he just laughed and explained to me that he was a legend and this is called a Cameo... Was a good film lesson for me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is freaking awesome.

Like many my age who were a bit young for his James Bond roles I remember him most as Marco Ramius from Red October.

I remember thinking he did such a great job. Later in life people would point out the flaws in his accent but it never bothered me at the time.

I remember seeing Robin Hoood (with Kevin Costner) and SC made his cameo at the very end and the whole audience was clapping and I asked my dad; Why are they clapping for that Russian guy? lol he just laughed and explained to me that he was a legend and this is called a Cameo... Was a good film lesson for me.

funny. I was just talking about that cameo with a friend of mine and both of were stumped if there was ANYONE these days who could just show up at the end of the movie for a cameo that would blow back an audience like Connery, or even James Earl Jones back in the day who cameos twice pretty well at the end of Sneakers and The Sandlot.

what actor or actress today has that kind gravitas that everyone loves and reveres who could show up to lift a movie by himself by just making an appearance to button up the end of a crowd-pleaser?

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
funny. I was just talking about that cameo with a friend of mine and both of were stumped if there was ANYONE these days who could just show up at the end of the movie for a cameo that would blow back an audience like Connery, or even James Earl Jones back in the day who cameos twice pretty well at the end of Sneakers and The Sandlot.

what actor or actress today has that kind gravitas that everyone loves and reveres who could show up to lift a movie by himself by just making an appearance to button up the end of a crowd-pleaser?

Keanu Reeves.

;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose