RIP: Peter Jennings (1938-2005)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RIP Peter. He was one of my favorite newsmen.

Peter is another person who has died earlier in life than he should of because of smoking. I still don't get why people smoke? :shrug: It's a disgusting habit that will kill you.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Brokaw gone, Jennings was the best anchor on network tv (now Brian Williams is).

I remember a couple of years ago ABC unintentionally showing Jennings asking if a camera had "crapped out."

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a sad day...

I remember sitting with him during 9-11, and how tired he looked, but how great he was at telling us what was going on...

And also at the year 2000 New Year's Eve bash, where I think he was on for about 24 hours straight....

He will be missed.

Mike

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this on GMA this morning - they had both Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather talking about the competition and friendship the three had.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Saw this on GMA this morning - they had both Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather talking about the competition and friendship the three had.

Yeah, I watched that, too.

I always enjoyed and respected Peter Jennings. He traveled so many places and saw so many things. He lived a full life, I think.

Rest in peace, Peter.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Peter was born in toronto, but was raised here in Ottawa. He had a cottage across from mine on a lake a short drive from the city. Friendly, outgoing... he could been seen walking with family through some of our outdoor markets in summer. I never saw him smoke... so, I wonder if it was the result of earlier abuse.

This may prove of interest.

http://www.canada.com/national/globalnational/newmanblog.html

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen