RIP Kwamie Lassiter

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That's devastating. I just saw him at an event a few weeks ago. He looked to be in great shape/ health. Devastating for his family.
Heart Attack,,,, can happen to anyone, anytime. :(

My girlfriend in high school's Dad was a total health nut, he was in amazing shape. Dropped dead one day playing racquetball. It was so horrible.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. So sad hearing this news today. He was my favorite Cardinals' player and was a great guy on and off the field. Feel blessed that we got to meet him several times (and his wife and kids, too). Followed his career from day one (preseason as an undrafted free agent). True story - we met one of our best friends at a Cards' preseason game because he was there primarily to watch Kwamie Lassiter out of Kansas. He said he was pound for pound one of the hardest hitters in the college game. That obviously got my attention and made me focus on the play of Kwamie going forward. He will definitely be missed by many and was active in the community with a lot of charity work. RIP, Kwamie.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this, one of my favorite players ever. RIP Kwamie.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met him at tailgate once. He took the time to spend a few minutes talking to me. He was a perfect gentleman.

RIP

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big part of the 1998 playoff team. Very sad to hear this. 49 is way too young. May God bless and keep him and provide comfort to his family.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
As a young kid watching the Cardinals I always remember Kwamie and all his interceptions. Seems like he was always around the ball.

Much thoughts with his family, I hope they somehow find peace during their time of grieving.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That win against the Chargers was perhaps the most exciting regular season game. I don't think there was ever a game that they played at Sun Devil Stadium that compares to that one. RIP Kwamie.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP Kwamie. 49 is way too young. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Kwamie. I'll never forget him being EVERYWHERE on the field in that SD win and you're in game where he had 3 picks.

RIP #42

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whole family was at the san Diego game and 42 was everywhere. RIP

Mine as well. Everyone was visiting for Christmas. Thought going to a Cards game would be good fun, and no one in my family other than BIL had ever been to an NFL game before

Never imagined it would be so exciting for so high stakes We were in the north end zone

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Mine as well. Everyone was visiting for Christmas. Thought going to a Cards game would be good fun, and no one in my family other than BIL had ever been to an NFL game before

Never imagined it would be so exciting for so high stakes We were in the north end zone

We were season ticket holders then...good times

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
So sad. Unbelievable, RIP. When he signed my jersey I told him he had the coolest name in the NFL. I mentioned the 4 INT game and he said "I had the 5th one in my hands, I dropped it". Always the competitor.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Shocking news RIP Kwammie.

I’ll never forget that day against the Bolts of him picking off those 4 passes & is clinching that elusive playoff berth!!!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Big part of the 1998 playoff team. Very sad to hear this. 49 is way too young. May God bless and keep him and provide comfort to his family.
4 ints in that last game against the chargers to put us in the playoffs. Great player, great guy, this is awful.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
3 of the 4picks starting at 1:04

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard