RIP Bobby Hull

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good riddance to trash.

Former NHL star Bobby Hull told a Russian newspaper that Nazis were not without merit, that the black population of the United States was growing too fast and that genetic breeding was a worthy idea.

"Hitler, for example, had some good ideas. He just went a little bit too far," the Hall of Fame player told the English-language Moscow Times.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hull’s history of off-ice behavior — including rampant allegations of domestic abuse and racism — has overshadowed his impressive on-ice legacy for decades, making his continued ambassadorship a black eye for the organization.

Hull was convicted in 1987 of assaulting a police officer who intervened in an argument between Hull and then-wife Deborah. A mini-documentary by ESPN in 2002 included his previous wife, Joanne, recounting a fight in which Hull beat her in the head with a steel-heeled shoe, then held her off a balcony in Hawaii.

Hull’s daughter, Michelle, who became a defense lawyer for female abuse victims, also detailed Hull’s history of alcoholism in that documentary.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Hull’s history of off-ice behavior — including rampant allegations of domestic abuse and racism — has overshadowed his impressive on-ice legacy for decades, making his continued ambassadorship a black eye for the organization.

Hull was convicted in 1987 of assaulting a police officer who intervened in an argument between Hull and then-wife Deborah. A mini-documentary by ESPN in 2002 included his previous wife, Joanne, recounting a fight in which Hull beat her in the head with a steel-heeled shoe, then held her off a balcony in Hawaii.

Hull’s daughter, Michelle, who became a defense lawyer for female abuse victims, also detailed Hull’s history of alcoholism in that documentary.

One of a handful of old-timers that definitely would be a star in today's game.

That said: he was also a wife-beating piece of ____!

I knew a Blackhawk player, now deceased, "Pit' Martin, who told me that Bobby threw Joanne through a plate glass window, and when the cops arrived, she was found bloodied on the front lawn.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew a player, now deceased, "Pit' Martin, who told me that Bobby threw Joanne through a plate glass window, and when the cops arrived, she was found bloodied on the front lawn.
He was a real *******. Should have been jailed for life

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Good riddance to trash.

Former NHL star Bobby Hull told a Russian newspaper that Nazis were not without merit, that the black population of the United States was growing too fast and that genetic breeding was a worthy idea.

"Hitler, for example, had some good ideas. He just went a little bit too far," the Hall of Fame player told the English-language Moscow Times.
I’m glad that people told the honest story of his life off the ice rather than showering him in praise.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave