Remembering Keim moves...

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
There’s so much bad, it’s (almost) cathartic to get some of it down in writing.

The entire 2016 draft, chad Williams, Isabella/butler/johnson, Bradford, Rosen, Gresham contract, Conner contract, how the team dealt with reddick, Ford/Anderson/Trayvon trades.

On top of this there care his off the field issues and no one around the league, especially former cardinals players, have any respect for him.

It’s difficult to overstate how bad he has been in the position. We will be going into 2023 watching more young talent walk coming off one of the worst (if not the single worst season) I’ve seen as a fan. The team is carrying some truly horrible contracts as well with a ton of holes on the roster, so no silver lining.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Since Keim has taken the reigns, he has done a terrible job of managing the draft. Here is his track record of first round picks that are the cornerstone of success.

2013 – Jonathon Cooper (7th pick) – instead of 1st round picks after our pick: Sheldon Richardson, Eric Reid, Kyle Long, Tyler Eifert, Desond Trufant, Xavier Rhones, “DeAndre Hopkins”, Cordarrelle Patterson, Travid Frederick.

2014 – Deone Bucannon (27th pick) – instead of 1st round picks after our pick: Teddy Brigewater; notable 2ndrounders – DeMarcus Lawrence, Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry

2015 – DJ Humphries (24th pick) – took some time to get out of the Arians doghouse but has been serviceable

2016 - Robert Nkemdiche (29th pick) – no notable 1st round picks but here are 2nd rounders – Jaylon Smith, Chris Jones, Xavien Howard, Derrick Henry, Michael Jones

2017 – Haason Reddick (13th pick) – good pick but was pretty much wasted in AZ. Not sure if Keim drafted him as an ILB or coaching staff mismanaged him.

2018 – Josh Rosen (10th pick) – epic failure and could have had Minkah Fitzpatric, Vita Vea, Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James, Leighton Vander Esch, Frank Ragnow and even Lamar Jackson

2019 – Kyler Murray (1st pick) – the jury is still out… but the jury is not out on the following: Nick Bosa, Devin White, Josh Allen, these are great players.

2020 – Isaiah Simmons – jury still out but good pick just mismanaged… notable 1st round picks: Tristan Wirfs, DeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson

2021 – Zaven Collins – jurty still out but good pick just mismanaged

2022 – Traded our pick for Brown – jury still out on this trade

All in all, Keim has mismanaged the draft! While just looking at first round picks after we selected, there are plenty of successful NFL players. The could have list includes OL, DL, LB, RB.

I know a lot of you guys on this site are much better at drafting than Keim has shown but I will be glad when Keim is not the GM anymore!

Last edited:

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since Keim has taken the reigns, he has done a terrible job of managing the draft. Here is his track record of first round picks that are the cornerstone of success.

2013 – Jonathon Cooper (7th pick) – instead of 1st picks after our pick: Sheldon Richardson, Eric Reid, Kyle Long, Tyler Eifert, Desond Trufant, Xavier Rhones, “DeAndre Hopkins”, Cordarrelle Patterson, Travid Frederick.

2014 – Deone Bucannon (27th pick) – instead of 1st round picks after our pick: Teddy Brigewater; notable 2ndrounders – DeMarcus Lawrence, Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry

2015 – DJ Humphries (24th pick) – took some time to get out of the Arians doghouse but has been serviceable

2016 - Robert Nkemdiche (29th pick) – no notable 1st round picks but here are 2nd rounders – Jaylon Smith, Chris Jones, Xavien Howard, Derrick Henry, Michael Jones

2017 – Haason Reddick (13th pick) – good pick but was pretty much wasted in AZ. Not sure if Keim drafted him as an ILB or coaching staff mismanaged him.

2018 – Josh Rosen (10th pick) – epic failure and could have had Minkah Fitzpatric, Vita Vea, Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James, Leighton Vander Esch, Frank Ragnow and even Lamar Jackson

2019 – Kyler Murray (1st pick) – the jury is still out… but the jury is not out on the following: Nick Bosa, Devin White, Josh Allen.

2020 – Isaiah Simmons – jury still out but good pick just mismanaged… notable 1st round picks: Tristan Wirfs, DeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson

All in all, Keim has mismanaged the draft! While just looking at first round picks after he selected, there are plenty of successful NFL players. The list includes OL, DL, LB, RB and a few very visble misses.

I know a lot of you guys on this site are much better at drafting than Keim has shown but I will be glad when Keim is not the GM anymore!
This lengthy and shockingly poor track record only occurs if you’re buddies with the owner.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
These aren’t good players.

Jury still isn’t out on Simmons. He was a bad pick. Plain & simple.
Haha! Okay, bad choice of words for them. They most likely will be potential hall of famers if their career continues. But, several of the players on the list aren't what I would call game breakers. My point is that there are a ton of misses by Keim. At this time, I can't even say any of his first round picks are "sure things" much less than HOF players. Kyler obviously can be but he hasn't proved it. Hump isn't even a bonafide great player. So, after 10 drafts, Keim has sucked!

Last edited:

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
For those who have not watched the game, I for one would recommend spending 3 hours watching it. That is one NFL game. If nothing more, it will educate you on why the rest of the world is so frantic with their passion.

SORRY...WRONG THREAD!

Last edited:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

2013 – Jonathon Cooper (7th pick) – instead of 1st picks after our pick: Sheldon Richardson, Eric Reid, Kyle Long, Tyler Eifert, Desond Trufant, Xavier Rhones, “DeAndre Hopkins”, Cordarrelle Patterson, Travid Frederick.

2019 – Kyler Murray (1st pick) – the jury is still out… but the jury is not out on the following: Nick Bosa, Devin White, Josh Allen.

All in all, Keim has mismanaged the draft! While just looking at first round picks after he selected, there are plenty of successful NFL players. The list includes OL, DL, LB, RB and a few very visble misses.

Hindsight is easy. Many players are a miss. He just misses a bit too much, especially the first round.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score

I will only point out that he slid to us, he supposedly had the best pedigree in the class, and his measurables were at the top of the class (eg, ball speed, arm strength, all the analytic stuff).

I'm teetering on the edge of giving him a mulligan for Rosen.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will only point out that he slid to us, he supposedly had the best pedigree in the class, and his measurables were at the top of the class (eg, ball speed, arm strength, all the analytic stuff).

It's probably fair, scouts seemed to love him. I don't know why though, he wasn't THAT good in college. Back then I was mostly a college fan and not knowing what scouts were saying, it looked like Rosen was a clear downgrade from the previous UCLA QB, 5th round pick Brett Hundley. The results in the NFL are similar, Rosen can't even hang on as a backup in the league.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Guys like Keim are supposed to know more than us. That being said I was shocked how inaccurate Rosen was at the NFL level.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
There’s so much bad, it’s (almost) cathartic to get some of it down in writing.

The entire 2016 draft, chad Williams, Isabella/butler/johnson, Bradford, Rosen, Gresham contract, Conner contract, how the team dealt with reddick, Ford/Anderson/Trayvon trades.

On top of this there care his off the field issues and no one around the league, especially former cardinals players, have any respect for him.

It’s difficult to overstate how bad he has been in the position. We will be going into 2023 watching more young talent walk coming off one of the worst (if not the single worst season) I’ve seen as a fan. The team is carrying some truly horrible contracts as well with a ton of holes on the roster, so no silver lining.
It may be the most disappointing in a while, but this doesn't rank in the top 10 of worst seasons since moving to AZ

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It may be the most disappointing in a while, but this doesn't rank in the top 10 of worst seasons since moving to AZ
This is top 10 worst season easily.

GM, Coach, QB come in with super man size extensions and get run out of most games and end up losing their GM and QB in the process.

urs

All Star
Reaction score

GM, Coach, QB come in with super man size extensions and get run out of most games and end up losing their GM and QB in the process.
Again, disappointing doesn't make it the worst. We've had 15 seasons with 5 or fewer wins since moving to AZ, this is probably season 16

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Honestly who had high expectations coming into this season?