Remembering Keim moves...

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Honestly who had high expectations coming into this season?

No one had them winning more than a handful of games... :devil:

I'm gonna say that the Cards finish 10-7, come in second in the division, and make the playoffs.

Kyler is too good to let the Cards have a losing record
I think either the Rams or the 49ers take a major step back (I think it's the Rams)
I think this is the year Kliff's offense finds the next gear and finishes in the Top 10 for DVOA

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Signing Gardeck to a 3 yr/$10 million extension.

Gardeck has 1 sack in his last 20 games. Assuming Anderson and Watt are gone next year, Gardeck is currently set to have a top 12 cap hit on the roster next year. I have never seen someone get rewarded so extensively for a fluky 3 game stretch as that dude.

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
Since Keim has taken the reigns, he has done a terrible job of managing the draft. Here is his track record of first round picks that are the cornerstone of success.

2013 – Jonathon Cooper (7th pick) – instead of 1st round picks after our pick: Sheldon Richardson, Eric Reid, Kyle Long, Tyler Eifert, Desond Trufant, Xavier Rhones, “DeAndre Hopkins”, Cordarrelle Patterson, Travid Frederick.

2014 – Deone Bucannon (27th pick) – instead of 1st round picks after our pick: Teddy Brigewater; notable 2ndrounders – DeMarcus Lawrence, Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry

2015 – DJ Humphries (24th pick) – took some time to get out of the Arians doghouse but has been serviceable

2016 - Robert Nkemdiche (29th pick) – no notable 1st round picks but here are 2nd rounders – Jaylon Smith, Chris Jones, Xavien Howard, Derrick Henry, Michael Jones

2017 – Haason Reddick (13th pick) – good pick but was pretty much wasted in AZ. Not sure if Keim drafted him as an ILB or coaching staff mismanaged him.

2018 – Josh Rosen (10th pick) – epic failure and could have had Minkah Fitzpatric, Vita Vea, Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James, Leighton Vander Esch, Frank Ragnow and even Lamar Jackson

2019 – Kyler Murray (1st pick) – the jury is still out… but the jury is not out on the following: Nick Bosa, Devin White, Josh Allen, these are great players.

2020 – Isaiah Simmons – jury still out but good pick just mismanaged… notable 1st round picks: Tristan Wirfs, DeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson

2021 – Zaven Collins – jurty still out but good pick just mismanaged

2022 – Traded our pick for Brown – jury still out on this trade

All in all, Keim has mismanaged the draft! While just looking at first round picks after we selected, there are plenty of successful NFL players. The could have list includes OL, DL, LB, RB.

I know a lot of you guys on this site are much better at drafting than Keim has shown but I will be glad when Keim is not the GM anymore!
A most excellent recap! My first two choices would be Josh Rosen and Matt Leinert, both desperation picks. But our picks are usually desperate. We too often draft a player then try to figure out what to do with him.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Another draft one for the list. Using a 2nd rounder pick on McBride. He might turn into a decent player with time but it was a bad pick for this team considering the holes they had and need.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I don’t think 10-7 is high expectations. That should the the MIDDLING expectation of a fan.

Kyler wasn’t too good to keep the team from being bad. Sad!
10-7 is playoff which is high expectations for the Cardinals given their history. They've only had 3 season since being in AZ with a better record.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10-7 is playoff which is high expectations for the Cardinals given their history. They've only had 3 season since being in AZ with a better record.
I also think it’s high expectations for a team that was a disaster at the end of last year and brought back a roster that was even worse.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Making the playoffs when 7 of 16 teams qualify for the postseason is basically the definition of expecting mediocrity. Before this season it was a fair assumption that if you had a decent QB you'd make the playoffs.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
He was great at making trades. I would actually keep him if that was his only job. Give him the Head of Trading job as assistant to the GM.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Signing Gardeck to a 3 yr/$10 million extension.

Gardeck has 1 sack in his last 20 games. Assuming Anderson and Watt are gone next year, Gardeck is currently set to have a top 12 cap hit on the roster next year. I have never seen someone get rewarded so extensively for a fluky 3 game stretch as that dude.
Justin Bethel

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It’s not the worst, but I was really sad that Keim let Reddick go for cheap after a fantastic year and didn't make the move to resign him this year. Reddick has 12 sacks so far this season.
Reddick sure has proven me wrong. I thought he’d be no big loss and a product of playing opposite of Jones.

He’s been very good and should have been kept. Instead we overpaid for the aforementioned Gardeck and have the rotting corpse of Marcus Golden at OLB.