Remember this 20 strikeout performance by the Big Unit

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
16 years ago today, RJ k's 20 vs. the Reds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
man I miss those days. we may never see another pitcher like that in history, and we had the extreme privilege of watching him in our backyard. and how about the fact we can go on youtube and watch him as well? imagine if we could do that with babe ruth.

by the way, loved hearing thom brennaman again. fantastic baseball announcer.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Awesome. You know the further we get away from his career, too many people keep talking about how "overpowering" Randy was. And he was! But man, that slider was NASTY.

Fun fact about that game. Johnson did not get the win, and he also is not officially recognized as tying the records of Kerry Wood and Roger Clemens, because the game went into extra innings, even tho Randy came out after the 9th.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Whenever i think about Randy I feel like we took him for granted. He was basically a rich man's Kershaw for lack of a better comparison.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whenever i think about Randy I feel like we took him for granted. He was basically a rich man's Kershaw for lack of a better comparison.

got a ring out of it, his number is retired, he's the greatest starting pitcher in diamondback history. I don't think we took 1 minute for granted.

Let's see how many rings Kershaw gets with the dodgers.

you wanna talk about a team taking someone for granted, look at Felix in seattle, such a shame his entire career has been essentially wasting away without a single playoff game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I took him for granted. If I could go back to when he was here and was so dominant I would've appreciated him much more. He's probably a top-5 pitcher all time and we had him at his best.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Another great outing by RJ. He struck out almost all the batters with that nasty slider.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson