Reggie Miller next up for Boston?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boo, love Reggie and would love his 3 point shooting on the Suns.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Donald's head just exploded.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

KG and Paul Pierced aside, I will have so much joy hating the ish out of that Celtic team. I'll just pretend that KG isn't on the team, and instead he's some mutant grandchild of Robert Parish who happens to look like KG.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

KG and Paul Pierced aside, I will have so much joy hating the ish out of that Celtic team. I'll just pretend that KG isn't on the team, and instead he's some mutant grandchild of Robert Parish who happens to look like KG.

Maybe they could sign Doug Christie to the MLE and pick up Chucky Atkins to top it off.

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
Think of all the fun that could be had with old man photo-shop pictures of this team.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i guess the celtics are serious about making a run. with pierce, garnett, and alan my only question is who is going to handle the ball? ray alan isnt known for doing that, and kg surely wont carry it up the court for them. they need a good pg or they have to rely on pierce to distribute and run plays

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess the celtics are serious about making a run. with pierce, garnett, and alan my only question is who is going to handle the ball? ray alan isnt known for doing that, and kg surely wont carry it up the court for them. they need a good pg or they have to rely on pierce to distribute and run plays
Rajon Rondo. Right on for his fantasy stats!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Marcus Banks?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Rajon Rondo. Right on for his fantasy stats!!

im not familiar with him. i assume he's their pg, any good? i suppose you wouldnt have to be that great to get 10 assists on a team with KG, alan, and pierce

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not familiar with him. i assume he's their pg, any good? i suppose you wouldnt have to be that great to get 10 assists on a team with KG, alan, and pierce
He was a rookie last year didn't play much until the end of the year, I think.

okhoops

Rookie
Reaction score
Ainge is really high on Rondo. He basically claimed the position in the second half of the year. They moved Donte West to the 2 spot at times to allow Rondo to play the one. Telfair was strapped to the bench. Injuries gave Rondo an opportunity and he ran with it.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
I don't understand how fans, GMs, and the general public are okay with these so called "plug-in" championship teams. Whatever happened to the old farm system of drafting and growing your talent from within?

Suns have that going with them right now in 4 farm-grown talents they drafted: Amare, Matrix, Nash, Barbosa - and have another 2, Strawberry and Tucker, in the works.

Spurs also have a good farm-growing system with Parker, Manu, and Duncan.

However, there are teams out there that go from super bad to super good just because they spent a few dollars. That is not fair. Basketball shouldn't be about money and the whole free agent idea has taken sports to the pits.

Take the Celtics this season as example. They went from the worst team in the league to a sudden potential champion for next season.

Why? They got a stockpile of talent in Garnett and Allen - and now want to bring back Reggie.

NBA teams are like plug-in communities in the desert. Developers just come in, plug-in a few electrical posts and build vast gated communities in places nobody thought humans would inhabit.

Same with NBA teams. They go from horrible to extremely good with the addition of a few guys by free agency or trade.

Just isn't fair.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same with NBA teams. They go from horrible to extremely good with the addition of a few guys by free agency or trade.

Just isn't fair.

were you saying it wasn't fair when a 29 win Suns team signed Steve Nash and Q and ended up winning 62 games the next season?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't understand how fans, GMs, and the general public are okay with these so called "plug-in" championship teams. Whatever happened to the old farm system of drafting and growing your talent from within?

Suns have that going with them right now in 4 farm-grown talents they drafted: Amare, Matrix, Nash, Barbosa - and have another 2, Strawberry and Tucker, in the works.

Spurs also have a good farm-growing system with Parker, Manu, and Duncan.

However, there are teams out there that go from super bad to super good just because they spent a few dollars. That is not fair. Basketball shouldn't be about money and the whole free agent idea has taken sports to the pits.

Take the Celtics this season as example. They went from the worst team in the league to a sudden potential champion for next season.

Why? They got a stockpile of talent in Garnett and Allen - and now want to bring back Reggie.

NBA teams are like plug-in communities in the desert. Developers just come in, plug-in a few electrical posts and build vast gated communities in places nobody thought humans would inhabit.

Just isn't fair.

Good thing the Phoenix Suns weren't the first team in NBA history to sign a free agent.

Wait.

Good thing we didn't have to worry about free agency to get Grant Hill.

Wait.

There is some truth into free agency being a deterrent to great basketball. However, it is difficult to argue against it when the Phoenix Suns have been such a great beneficiary of free agency. After all, we DID sign the first free agent in NBA history in Tom Chambers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you do realize that the Celtics are an absolutely horrible example as to why "the whole free agent idea has taken sports to the pits", right? They didn't get Garnett or Allen through FA. They got them because they leveraged to their homegrown talent to get better. Isn't that what teams are supposed to do? Try to get better?

Again, the Suns have been beneficiaries of FA more than any other team except the Lakers, who got Shaq. From Chambers, to Danny Manning, to Steve Nash, they've used FA as a HUGE way to take their woebegone teams and turn them into contenders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison