Refs calling the game one way

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This officiating blows, but there's no excuse for the Cardinals not showing up so far.

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
Actually,

pretty much every call has been right on... including that last holding call against the Steelers.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Actually,

pretty much every call has been right on... including that last holding call against the Steelers.
I lean this way, there haven't been too many egregious calls. We're just playing sloppy and the flags make it much more magnified. We just need to play better. Period.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
It always takes two sides... the one creating the penalty, and the referees that are looking for it.

Holding occurs on nearly every play from scrimmage.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I thought the refs were too visible, and gave a slight edge to the Steelers (hell, every close play was ruled pro-Steelers on the field, needing to be reviewed), but in no way did the refs decide the outcome of the game.

OP
OP
NMCard

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I made this post prior to halftime when ALL of the calls were against the Cards.

Hughc

Rookie
Reaction score
I'd say the officiating was questionable, with bad calls against both teams. While it does seem that a few more calls that could have been not called or gone the other way were in favor of the Steelers, it's still up to the players to go out and win the game.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was listening to Fox Sports radio post game w/ Chris Meyers and Lincoln Kennedy Sunday night and as I joined in they were taking calls. One guy calls in and says something to the effect of "did you see the flagrant clip on Tim Hardaway that occured down near Pittsburgh's goal line on James Harrison's interception return for a TD?"

They both said they didn't Chris and asked if it was discussed on the television broadcast (he didn't get to watch the game..maybe covering it..not sure)? The caller says 'no' and "of course the refs totally missed it!" "They should have called it!"

So naturally I'm trying to replay that play in my head to see if I can recall any such thing and come up empty. Later when I caught the replay at first I didn't see it ( NFL Net). Then they slowed it down a bit and zoomed in a little more it seemed and sure enough as Tim is just pulling up even with and moving to try and get an angle on Harrison to try and cut him off here comes a Steeler out of nowhere and pushes him about shoulder length right in the back!!!! It happend really quick and you had to be looking for it but I saw it! The refs totally missed it.

Did anyone else see this? If I am right and they called it as they should have what would have been the outcome since if I remember correctly there was facemask penalty against us on that return too? Maybe this is the reason for that questionable safety call against Pitt in the second half? A makeup call perhaps?