Reddick

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bet the coaching staff feels saddled with him already.
Keim has a predisposition of picking players with athleticism regardless of injury history, being undersized or ability or determination. He was quoted in an interview he prefers athletic ability over determination.

DJ hump, Brandon Williams, Reddick, Ameer Abdullah, Logan Thomas, etc.

The only thing saving his job right now were his 1yr free agrnt deals.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much is the effectiveness of Riddick in his latest role - dependent on the cohesiveness of his surrounding cast? Look to his left last night/look to his right - & witness a sea of rookie backups.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much does the effectiveness of Riddick in his latest role - dependent on the cohesiveness of his surrounding cast? Look to his left last night/look to his right - & witness a sea of rookie backups.

Until you see that seasoned vet Zeke Turner flying around the field making plays. Who was he surrounded by?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How much does the effectiveness of Riddick in his latest role - dependent on the cohesiveness of his surrounding cast? Look to his left last night/look to his right - & witness a sea of rookie backups.
Not much...the issues don't seem to be blown assignments as much as they seem to be that he doesn't know where he needs to go and then is missing those plays when he is in position to make them.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I looked to his right and saw a guy who'se been on the team for 3 weeks, Gerald Hodges, making the defensive calls and getting everybody in position while Reddick stood there holding his hands in the air like Ricky Bobby wondering what he's supposed to be doing.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bet the coaching staff feels saddled with him already.

Maybe being a new coaching staff somehow gets you more leeway with this? McVay sure wasn't shy about sending Tavon Austin packing despite the hefty new contract. It can be done.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Not worried about Reddick. I think he will be fine. He can stay on the field. It’s Nkemdiche that I’m worried about. He really needs to stay healthy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm probably biased, but I always say WR is their biggest draft weakness. Ball skills are not included in the evaluation process.

This is nonsense. John Brown, Michael Floyd, Jaron Brown, Andre Roberts, etc. were all guys who played above their pay grades.

Off-the-ball LB and TE are clearly weak points for this scouting staff.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is nonsense. John Brown, Michael Floyd, Jaron Brown, Andre Roberts, etc. were all guys who played above their pay grades.

CB, too.

Think Keim just fawns over athleticism way too much & not technique.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim has a predisposition of picking players with athleticism regardless of injury history, being undersized or ability or determination. He was quoted in an interview he prefers athletic ability over determination.

DJ hump, Brandon Williams, Reddick, Ameer Abdullah, Logan Thomas, etc.

The only thing saving his job right now were his 1yr free agrnt deals.

This type of post drive me up a freaking wall.

Hump has taken over as our LT. He was hurt early and now he's healthy. Yeah he really chose to get rolled up. Totally his fault

Logan Thomas and Brandon Williams are 3rd and 4th round picks honestly do me a favor please look up the actual number of guys in the 3rd and 4th round that make it to there second contract. I'll wait right here, here's a hint....it's not a high number AT ALL.

This dude is honestly criticizing SK for a freaking player he didn't even draft in Abdullah!!!!

Oh SK liked him guess what a lot of people did.

No bro no bro we should be drafting all pros year in and year out bro in every round.

Truth is the Cardinals have actually drafted pretty well compared to the rest of the league. Shocking

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hump has taken over as our LT. He was hurt early and now he's healthy. Yeah he really chose to get rolled up. Totally his fault

Was it not his fault his rookie year that he was so godawful that he didn’t dress for a single game? He’s healthy NOW, but his last two seasons (the two where he wasn’t a healthy scratch for 16 games) ended on IR. He was a constant injury case as a collegian.

Very early to be taking a victory lap on DJ Humphries, especially considering the last time we saw him he was getting put in a dress.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
CB, too.

Think Keim just fawns over athleticism way too much & not technique.

I think we all agree on this.

Half of these are pre-Keim era. John Brown was a find. Jaron Brown 5 years ago, played above his pay grade you could say. Still averge ball skills. And that's my bugaboo. Seeing all the dropped passes really shell shocks me. These are pro athlletes. You can't win playoff games with dropped passes. More recently, Keim regime drafts:

Chad Williams - good measurables, poor ball skills. JJ Nelson - speed, poor ball skills

I agree about TE. I put that in the same category as WR becaue it involves ball skills. Who's the last WR/TE they brought in who you would say has great ball skills? For the past 5 years, we've had Larry and that's it. #2 and #3 would be defenders - PP and Badger.

LB sucks too. Looking back at the draft, Keim's regime drafted two - Minter and Reddick. But you can say Bynes plays above his pay grade, similar to Jaron. Ehh. I think we're splitting hairs here. Lesser of two evils. I picked WR because it bugs me more.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was it not his fault his rookie year that he was so godawful that he didn’t dress for a single game? He’s healthy NOW, but his last two seasons (the two where he wasn’t a healthy scratch for 16 games) ended on IR. He was a constant injury case as a collegian.

Very early to be taking a victory lap on DJ Humphries, especially considering the last time we saw him he was getting put in a dress.

He was a raw project and that was well known they even said it over and over on draft night. If you thought he was a plug and play LT that's your fault for not doing your homework.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I did notice, looking through the program at the game last night, that the team has entirely remade itself in the last couple years alone. Deone Bucannon, who it seems like we just drafted last week, is actually now the third LONGEST tenured Cardinal, after Fitz and PP.

Man I'd love to see Buc at SS. He's Adrian Wilson 2.0 and just not big enough to dominate at LB.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reddick
He is lost in coverage and he cant rush the passer cause even if he possess speed he lacks the instict to play in the nfl
He takes too much timetime recognizing a play read

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reddick
He is lost in coverage and he cant rush the passer cause even if he possess speed he lacks the instict to play in the nfl
He takes too much timetime recognizing a play read
This is what I see also. He lacks instinct. Can he learn it?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My biggest issue is that I don't see Keim evolving as a drafter.

He makes a mistake drafting a late rising S in the first round who didn't project to that position in the NFL and then sees him moved to LB.

A couple years later he makes a mistake of drafting a late rising DE in the first round who didn't project to that position in the NFL and ended up being moved to LB.

He took a limited, two down thumping ILB in the second only to see him fail to make an impact because he was a limited player.

A couple years later he takes a limited, slot WR in the second round who will unlikely make an impact in his rookie year because he is a limited player who can't play at other spots.

He took a OT in round 1 who struggled to stay healthy in college, and now unsurprisingly has struggled to stay healthy in the NFL.

2 years later he takes a DT in round 1 who struggled with motor and commitment in college, and now unsurprisingly has struggled with consistency in the NFL.

Individually, these moves are not all BAD moves. Some were worth the risk or the need. But you can't consistently take these types of players in the high rounds of the draft and cry wolf when they don't pan out. All 6 of these drafted players had clear issues that highlighted them as potentially bad draft picks, and Keim has consistently ignored those over his career as a GM.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard