Reddick

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't pass rush and sure doesn't look like he plays well in space. What is left? A guy named Zeke Turner was making plays all over the field last night. Reddick looked totally confused.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Zeke Turner did look great last night. Hope he makes the team. Seems doubtful they would release Reddick just yet, but it is a new coaching regime.

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed in Reddick last night. He looked lost out there then they took him out. He should have played the entire game again. He's not comfortable at his position.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just another log on the fire of bad Keim draft picks. You'd be hard pressed to find this level of ineptness drafting in the first round.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Give him a chance. Second year player, asked to move positions as a rookie and then gets a brand new scheme to start his second year. He'll get it. (fingers crossed)

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did notice, looking through the program at the game last night, that the team has entirely remade itself in the last couple years alone. Deone Bucannon, who it seems like we just drafted last week, is actually now the third LONGEST tenured Cardinal, after Fitz and PP.

OP
OP
P

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just another log on the fire of bad Keim draft picks. You'd be hard pressed to find this level of ineptness drafting in the first round.

Heard Keim say last night we have to remember he was a pass rusher in college. Will take time to learn new position. What he didn't say was he has failed at pressuring the passer in the NFL so the new position is out of necessity. This was a high first round pick! WTF

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
He appears to lack some basic defensive skills such as tracking a runner and knowing where he’s going to make contact with him. We saw 2 whiffed arm tackles last night in the limited time he was in. We have no choice but to give it time cause he ain’t going nowhere. I’m rooting for him but I’m not sure.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After watching the game he has zero LB instincts. Loses the runner, takes poor angles and gets blocked out of a play too easily. Isn’t a downhill tackler. Our safeties play LB better than him.

Poor 1st round pick, doesn’t fit our scheme. Too light for a DE too lost for a LB

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm hoping the days of Keim reaching on a player in the first round is over. I want non sexy, just really solid picks in the middle of the first round. Lets not reach with guys that have questionable character or guys who are hybrids that you plan to change his position in the future... That has not worked for us in the first round. Third round sure, but I considered his first round picks in the past highly risky when he did them and I felt other selections he could have made might have been considered as slightly less high ceiling potential but players you know have a 90% chance of working out. If the majority of our first rounders played like second rounders at this point, I think we'd be happy. Quarterback is a different story compared to the other positions though of course.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can't pass rush and sure doesn't look like he plays well in space. What is left? A guy named Zeke Turner was making plays all over the field last night. Reddick looked totally confused.

Yeah, I'm starting to worry now. I've been the biggest apologist for him due to the Temple connection, but he's looking like just a guy. We've been making excuses for him and the position switch, but the lack of playmaking and general game day demeanor is getting concerning. Turner was head and shoulders above him last night.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried yet. There is a lot for this young kid to learn transitioning from the 3-4 to the 4-3 where his is essentially being asked to be the QB of the defense.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He appears to lack some basic defensive skills such as tracking a runner and knowing where he’s going to make contact with him. We saw 2 whiffed arm tackles last night in the limited time he was in. We have no choice but to give it time cause he ain’t going nowhere. I’m rooting for him but I’m not sure.
In another thread I theorised that coming from a lower level team in a fringe conference, voided the worth of his 1st round status. The speed of the game, as pointed out, overwhelms him. SEC/Big 10/Pac12 speed is beyond AAC speed. Maybe I am wrong. Wondering how the Ed Oliver guy will fare next year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In another thread I theorised that coming from a lower level team in a fringe conference, voided the worth of his 1st round status. The speed of the game, as pointed out, overwhelms him. SEC/Big 10/Pac12 speed is beyond AAC speed. Maybe I am wrong. Wondering how the Ed Oliver guy will fare next year.
I don’t think that’s it at all. There’s been plenty of players producing greatly coming from non-Power 5 conferences over the years.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'm not worried yet. There is a lot for this young kid to learn transitioning from the 3-4 to the 4-3 where his is essentially being asked to be the QB of the defense.

you could tell Keim and org is feeling a bit of fan heat on this one ---

during the broadcast Keim gave that rationale: going from on the ball to off the ball in space and the transition necessary.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2017&round=round1#round1

when I really want to torment myself -- go look at the next 20 players taken in that draft.

I would say 18 of the next 20 would have this roster in a better place today

the terrible drafts (i.e. 2013) where there was a bust but nearly everyone else had one are easier to stomach. But 2017 looks to be an outstanding draft, and to miss with a #13 is tough.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I disagree...no one is asking him to QB the defense. What is being asked that he knows what he is doing so he can play fast. He looks slow and is missing plays because he doesn't know what to do. This is a real problem because it is his job to know it, and there is not a time limitation in how many hours he can spend in learning.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Can we hire an outside GM to solely draft Linebackers for the team? Easily Keim's most glaring weakness.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose