Reddick has arthroscopic surgery, will miss a few weeks

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I remember Jack Youngblood playing in the trenches with a broken leg. I will not argue the pain because I am not them with no experience but this is all about money... someone needs to tell Reddick if he wants more money he has not accomplished the objective and from a owner's perspective he is now just a free loader like Niche

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just listened to an interview between Gil Brandt & Steve Keim. Brandt asked SK to name a defensive & offensive player that was ready to have a breakout season. On offense, Keim chose Christian Kirk. On D, he chose Reddick. It may actually benefit Reddick to sit through the preseason. After a meniscus scope, I was 100% after 3 weeks. And I was in my 40's back then.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember Jack Youngblood playing in the trenches with a broken leg. I will not argue the pain because I am not them with no experience but this is all about money... someone needs to tell Reddick if he wants more money he has not accomplished the objective and from a owner's perspective he is now just a free loader like Niche
He played the Super Bowl with a broken leg.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is nonsense.

You don't "tough through" injuries, especially those that require surgery. No one should be ripped on for this.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He was just a very poor draft pick. Not his fault. I never understood why he was selected so high. When all the hype started about how he was a top flight athlete who was injured and had to walk on at Temple and was a “character guy” I knew some team was going to get stuck with him in the first round. I never imagined it would be the Cardinals. This pick was worse than the Nkemdiche pick (Bucannon and Nkemdiche were at least late first round picks). Way too high. Probably Keim’s worst and most obvious miss.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
He was just a very poor draft pick. Not his fault. I never understood why he was selected so high. When all the hype started about how he was a top flight athlete who was injured and had to walk on at Temple and was a “character guy” I knew some team was going to get stuck with him in the first round. I never imagined it would be the Cardinals. This pick was worse than the Nkemdiche pick (Bucannon and Nkemdiche were at least late first round picks). Way too high. Probably Keim’s worst and most obvious miss.

Jonathan Cooper would like to have a word with you.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just listened to an interview between Gil Brandt & Steve Keim. Brandt asked SK to name a defensive & offensive player that was ready to have a breakout season. On offense, Keim chose Christian Kirk. On D, he chose Reddick. It may actually benefit Reddick to sit through the preseason. After a meniscus scope, I was 100% after 3 weeks. And I was in my 40's back then.

Another display of Keim's questionable player evaluation skills.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I hope this was his incentive to be able to give his all
This is nonsense.

You don't "tough through" injuries, especially those that require surgery. No one should be ripped on for this.

By game 11 of a season every guy out there is playing with what you would call a injury. If what you said was gospel, then 50% of a NFL roster would not even be available. I never played pro ball or college ball but I know more than a few who did and what you just stated would make them laugh their arses off. You dang right that for a normal person and career you have those surgeries but this is not normal, this is pro football. Niche or Reddick are twice as tough as anyone of us on the street for the most part but that does not mean NFL tough. No, this perception is not nonsense and it does not mean it's right but that is the nature of the beast and it often makes me wonder if people realize how hard these guys are getting hit or actually what kind of guy it requires to keep going out there

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I hope this was his incentive to be able to give his all

By game 11 of a season every guy out there is playing with what you would call a injury. If what you said was gospel, then 50% of a NFL roster would not even be available. I never played pro ball or college ball but I know more than a few who did and what you just stated would make them laugh their arses off. You dang right that for a normal person and career you have those surgeries but this is not normal, this is pro football. Niche or Reddick are twice as tough as anyone of us on the street for the most part but that does not mean NFL tough. No, this perception is not nonsense and it does not mean it's right but that is the nature of the beast and it often makes me wonder if people realize how hard these guys are getting hit or actually what kind of guy it requires to keep going out there
We can fight up and down all day about whether these guys are being overpaid for what they do, but at the end of the day, we've matured past the gladiator mentality where someone should play until they drop dead.

I have personal friends who played this sport all the way into the pros, and the fact of the matter is, no one is there to catch them with a security net when their injury happens the year before a big contract year, but that injury will follow them the rest of their lives.

This is entertainment, and nothing more. I don't want my son, nephew, friend's kid, anyone, experiencing long term pain and suffering because of some dumfoundingly obtuse sense of glory.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Indications are that he'll be ready for the RS. Gives young guys an opportunity to make a splash in the PS. As for Reddick, I'm pretty sure he's familiar with the ILB position in the 3-4 defense.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose