Recruiting

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the addition of Brian Billick it sounds like Herm Edwards is not going anywhere.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is the coaching staff going to have their own dedicated lawn that they can yell at students to stay off of?
Are you against adding wisdom? He is an analyst. We added a relatively young DB coach this off-season. So, your trolling really doesn't hold water.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Are you against adding wisdom? He is an analyst. We added a relatively young DB coach this off-season. So, your trolling really doesn't hold water.
Eh old people bringing in more old people doesn’t really paint the picture of crafting a long term viable program.

DesertDevil

Reaction score
Eh old people bringing in more old people doesn’t really paint the picture of crafting a long term viable program.
Could be a lot worse as we've seen with the school down South. I appreciate the effort with the coach hirings and the portal recruiting, but also limiting expectations of what will define a successful season at this point.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't bring in the "old people"? Wow. Under the law, that's as bad as saying Don't hire the black people, or the Catholic people.

He is not being hired as a PR person or a coach but rather an analyst to help the coaches. It's a great move. And by the way, "old people" have great wisdom and value.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Could be a lot worse as we've seen with the school down South. I appreciate the effort with the coach hirings and the portal recruiting, but also limiting expectations of what will define a successful season at this point.
That school down South is having its best recruiting class ever and one of (if not the) best in the Pac-12. Whether that materializes on the field or not remains to be seen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don't bring in the "old people"? Wow. Under the law, that's as bad as saying Don't hire the black people, or the Catholic people.

He is not being hired as a PR person or a coach but rather an analyst to help the coaches. It's a great move. And by the way, "old people" have great wisdom and value.
Great job ignoring the last four words of the sentence.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Also, don’t put words in mouth. I didn’t say “don’t bring in the old people.” I just don’t find it exciting in any way for the program. And I don’t give a rats ass about labor law because I’m a fan and not an employee of ASU (man do I hate when non-lawyers try to lawyer on sports boards) so that “argument” (and using that word is a stretch) holds exactly zero water.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, don’t put words in mouth. I didn’t say “don’t bring in the old people.” I just don’t find it exciting in any way for the program. And I don’t give a rats ass about labor law because I’m a fan and not an employee of ASU (man do I hate when non-lawyers try to lawyer on sports boards) so that “argument” (and using that word is a stretch) holds exactly zero water.

Bringing in an analyst like Brian Billick can be exciting.

Lawyers ha!

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like that is your inference to me. I would take Brian Belicik anytime. :>()

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like that is your inference to me. I would take Brian Belicik anytime. :>()
Nope. Just that I didn’t think it would be meaningful in establishing a long term program. Which I stated.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keep hating away.

I have been an attorney since 1992 and have actually sued people with attitudes like yours.

I fully understand that the law doesn't apply to fandom. I was simply using the law as an analogy to show how bad your comments were.
Groan. Okay bud.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU adds defensive lineman Jalil Rivera-Harvey.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also ASU adds Javen Jacobs of Saguaro.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU announces it's 17 player recruiting class.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the signing list for Arizona State.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU has eight players invited to the NFL Draft Combine. It's quite impressive, more than any other PAC-12 school I understand.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The quarterback cupboard is not bare at ASU.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave