xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Worst kept secret he’s committing to Arizona

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wild recruitment. He was a heavy Oregon lean but then called Arizona and asked them to recruit him. Can’t remember a time in which a Top-5 recruit called Arizona to ask to be recruited.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

Worst kept secret he’s committing to Arizona
Maybe not….

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not….

You must be registered for see images attach

Travis Branham is saying he's now an Oregon lean again and he and Mookie Cook might both end up there.

Also FWIW LAT reporter Ben Bolch said an underreported part of the NIL is that it jeopardizes the visa of foreign players. That has to be clarified but it may be that any foreign player in the conference, no matter what year, might be ineligible for an NIL if the visa issue isn't cleared up.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like money played the ultimate factor. Step your game up Cats!
Prestige is being replaced by money. At some point the luster of playing at Alabama, Duke, etc will be negated by the amount of money schools like Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M & USC can throw at kids.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prestige is being replaced by money. At some point the luster of playing at Alabama, Duke, etc will be negated by the amount of money schools like Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M & USC can throw at kids.

Duke and UK have about the best NIL programs in the country though. Duke has a huge network of alums that have been "helping" for years, now it's allowed within reason they're just going from under the table to above the table.

the public or private school angle seems to be a factor. USC has a much stronger NIL program than UCLA does because USC is private so they can do what they want.

Based on what you read this is temporary anyways the teams going to super conferences fully intend to leave the NCAA at some point and my guess is then it's a full blown free for all.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Duke and UK have about the best NIL programs in the country though. Duke has a huge network of alums that have been "helping" for years, now it's allowed within reason they're just going from under the table to above the table.

the public or private school angle seems to be a factor. USC has a much stronger NIL program than UCLA does because USC is private so they can do what they want.

Based on what you read this is temporary anyways the teams going to super conferences fully intend to leave the NCAA at some point and my guess is then it's a full blown free for all.
See what I don't understand is ASU and UA have a lot of high profile alums and I'm sure their network is just as significant of Duke & Kentucky so money battles with them shouldn't be a challenge like it would be for CA schools with Hollywood connections, Oregon with its Nike money or big oil tycoons backing Texas schools. Other than former athletes, where does / will the money come from for schools like Alabama, Ohio State, etc?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See what I don't understand is ASU and UA have a lot of high profile alums and I'm sure their network is just as significant of Duke & Kentucky so money battles with them shouldn't be a challenge like it would be for CA schools with Hollywood connections, Oregon with its Nike money or big oil tycoons backing Texas schools. Other than former athletes, where does / will the money come from for schools like Alabama, Ohio State, etc?

I can't speak for others but the reason UCLA is behind is that the AD Jarmond was very careful early on because he believed other schools were breaking the spirit of the rule and the NCAA would crack down. they apparently tried but it didn't matter because as I said, these schools are planning on leaving the NCAA anyways. We lost a recruit to Cincinnati in hoops over the NIL, think about that we got Cronin from Cincy because UCLA can give him opportunity Cincy couldn't, but Cincy had a better NIL collective than UCLA. In fact there's still another elite recruit that both are involved with but it sounds like Cincy's chances with him have faded. No idea how their NIL was so good but apparently it was.

now they're giving links on BRO to help the collective because the school has determined it's allowed so I would expect UCLA to catch up a bit.

But Jarmond was concerned the NCAA and the state would complain but USC had no such concerns because they're private.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Cody is a different cat. Brother made the league from a small school so prestige doesn’t matter to him and the family.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow nice get for UA Jamari Phillips. Kid grew up a UCLA fan we thought he was a UCLA lean. Apparently Cronin already knew he made a comment at the post Kentucky game presser about recruits and it's assumed it was because he'd already been notified that Phillips was committing to UA.

Kind of a tweener guard but very good player definitely not happy he picked you guys over UCLA

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

Hanging out with the team on selection Sunday. He canceled his visit to Gonzaga two weeks ago. There’s a chance that he commits this weekend

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I’ve never felt more relief and less excitement about getting a Top-5 commit in my life

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Getting Carter was huge but Lloyd is going to be in trouble next year if he can't fill out his roster next year.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Tommy and the rest of the staff went to EYBL over the weekend and watched a number of high end recruits. One of them is Monty Williams’s son, Elijah, who’s really good and there’s a relationship since Fois was on the Suns staff a few years ago. Although I wonder if Monty would force us to take his adopted son Landry Shamet in some capacity for Elijah’s services.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bit of a surprise that Dedan Thomas picked UNLV. Reports are he's getting about 900K in NIL money and won't be on campus until December so I'm assuming that's why he stayed home. We had thought until this past week he was going to Arizona.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Bit of a surprise that Dedan Thomas picked UNLV. Reports are he's getting about 900K in NIL money and won't be on campus until December so I'm assuming that's why he stayed home. We had thought until this past week he was going to Arizona.
Been UNLV for a while now