Reasons to not panic;

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Reason not to panic.

New GM, New HC, whole bunch of new staffers.
we are absolutely stuck with these guys for a couple years. Not a damn thing we can do about it one way or another.

Never expend energy trippin and fretting on things you cannot control.
let it go, accept that it is what it is, and right now we dont even know what it is.

its like a movie where you watch for a while and wonder..."where dafuq they goin with this?"

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Reason not to panic.

New GM, New HC, whole bunch of new staffers.
we are absolutely stuck with these guys for a couple years. Not a damn thing we can do about it one way or another.

Never expend energy trippin and fretting on things you cannot control.
let it go, accept that it is what it is, and right now we dont even know what it is.

its like a movie where you watch for a while and wonder..."where dafuq they goin with this?"
Easier to say in your 50's. Try your parent's age.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but I watched almost all of the Clemson games & this kid has all the talent in the world. We could go back & forth about it all day long lol. I'm looking forward to seeing Simmons play for a good DC.
Being a Syracuse fan, I saw a ton of him too. Yes, he looked great at the time. But, now I’m thinking he looked great because Syracuse sucks so much???

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For the wait and see crowd, why make comments about anything at this point? If you think it's not worthy of discussion or that people shouldn't have any opinions at this point, then why are you here?
Because they want to criticize the only people creating actual football-related content on ASFN at present.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think there are two camps right now for the most part; the 'wait and see-ers' and the 'they are doing this all wrong' and both sides have a valid stance. I am leaning to the 'wait and see' (probably because I am sucker diehard fan who wants to be optimistic no matter the percentages) but I also think the reality is we have no idea how bad Keim has messed this franchise up behind the closed doors of the Cardinal facilities and his job, to simply missing in action
+1

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Being a Syracuse fan, I saw a ton of him too. Yes, he looked great at the time. But, now I’m thinking he looked great because Syracuse sucks so much???
Kind of funny he played all those positions for Brent Venables at Clemson, was an all american & VJ couldn't find one spot for him lol. Can't wait for our new DC to get him on the field.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think there are two camps right now for the most part; the 'wait and see-ers' and the 'they are doing this all wrong' and both sides have a valid stance. I am leaning to the 'wait and see' (probably because I am sucker diehard fan who wants to be optimistic no matter the percentages) but I also think the reality is we have no idea how bad Keim has messed this franchise up behind the closed doors of the Cardinal facilities and his job, to simply missing in action
Maybe, just maybe, part of the NFLPA report card issues can also be attributed to Keim's negligence. General Managers manage many aspects of the team, to include day-to-day operations.

Reaction score
Because they want to criticize the only people creating actual football-related content on ASFN at present.
Who are they? It seems like you are casting a very large net here (or painting with a large brush whatever the saying of the day is) & it's completely not true.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well IMHO they are burning it to the ground. And they are taking that approach. The word jockeying around what that means is different to most posters.
It very much does differ. I don't call re-signing old players and pushing money into future seasons as burning it to the ground, especially when coupled with letting good young talent walk, which is burning it down in a very bad way.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It very much does differ. I don't call re-signing old players and pushing money into future seasons as burning it to the ground, especially when coupled with letting good young talent walk, which is burning it down in a very bad way.
And to me burning it down means a wasted season to get a handle on things, evaluate the team, and then start construction. It's not about signing an old dude or pushing money to another year. All that doesn't change a thing heading into 2024 to me. They'll have plenty of cap space to do whatever their heart desires.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And to me burning it down means a wasted season to get a handle on things, evaluate the team, and then start construction. It's not about signing an old dude or pushing money to another year. All that doesn't change a thing heading into 2024 to me. They'll have plenty of cap space to do whatever their heart desires.
But it does affect 2024 because now we're not carrying jack for talent into 2024 beyond draft picks. If you think one single Bidwillian FA period will put us over the top, I got nothing for ya :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
But it does affect 2024 because now we're not carrying jack for talent into 2024 beyond draft picks. If you think one single Bidwillian FA period will put us over the top, I got nothing for ya :)
I never said anything remotely close to that. That money has no affect on next year's player search is all I'm saying.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who are they? It seems like you are casting a very large net here (or painting with a large brush whatever the saying of the day is) & it's completely not true.
Which are you asking about? The people posting about football or the people attacking others posters?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose