Really hope Cardinals sign QB Alex Smith!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
As we learned (the hard way) last year the Cardinals really need a true veteran back-up QB. QB Alex Smith would be a perfect fit. Not only can he play in KK system, he would bring a mountain of experience that KM could mentor from especially during the ups and downs of the season. Also Smith can start an win football games should KM have to miss any time. Smith at this point of his career wants a ring and that seems to be the Cardinals only goal for 2021!

Go Cardinals,
Tim in NJ

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we learned (the hard way) last year the Cardinals really need a true veteran back-up QB. QB Alex Smith would be a perfect fit. Not only can he play in KK system, he would bring a mountain of experience that KM could mentor from especially during the ups and downs of the season. Smith at this point of his career wants a ring and that seems to be the Cardinals only goal for 2021!

Go Cardinals,
Tim in NJ
We could do worse.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree but would he come here? Kinda surprised he has not signed anywhere yet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind him as a backup however it is clear the team wants mobile QBs only since drafting kyler. Every backup has been mobility focused.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This offense is design to have a mobile QB starting. Unless they go big in the draft on an RB, I don’t think Smith has the mobility any longer he would need to be effective. I do admire what he’s accomplished.
Translation - Poor fit.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washington was the only team that gave him a chance to play after the injury... So I wouldn't have done that
If he didn't like their methods he should have retired before