Realistic Expectations for the 2023 Season

Will the Cardinals win more than 4 games in 2023?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is just starting to remind me of the offseason prior to the Steve Wilks hire. I expect the 2023 season to be similar. So yes, we very well could be picking number 1 in 2024

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't understand the optimism I see on this board for this year OR people stating we won't be drafting just as high or better in 2024

We could end up being dead last. Maybe, maybe not but imo we're not winning as many or more games (4) than we did in 2023. Not dark side, obvious side. I don't see us winning one game in our division, who knows maybe we get lucky and win one

Then there are the teams not in our division, all of which won at least 7 games last season minus the Bears and Texans

Eagles 14 Wins
Cowboys 12 Wins
Bengals 12 Wins
Ravens 10 Wins
Steelers 9 Wins
Giants 9 Wins
Commanders 8 Wins
Browns 7 Wins
Falcons 7 Wins
----------------------------
Texans 3 Wins
Bears 3 Wins

I'm not even sure we'll beat both the Bears and Texans, reckon it depends on when exactly those games will be scheduled - meaning before Murray returns or after

I got us winning 2 or 3 games, 4 games tops. Tickets to games will be cheaper than my ex-wife. 2023 is going to hurt but 2024 could be our rebirth, feathers crossed
reckon it depends on who our coaches are, our QB till Kyler comes back, and what our roster looks like after the draft :raccoon:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think this team has several decent athletes, which is a good start. Get a line and this is a dangerous offense.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I definitely need to see who the coach is, who we sign, who we draft, etc., but the optimism for a good year isn't high.

You never really know though. The Browns had 7 wins in a situation I'd say mirrors what we probably have to expect in 2023.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
still have to hire a coach
still have to go through free agency
still have to run the draft....

any speculation on the quality of the 2023 season is just pontification

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
still have to hire a coach
still have to go through free agency
still have to run the draft....

any speculation on the quality of the 2023 season is just pontification
Look I get it but we're not the semi-attractive destination we've been in the recent past. If we sign quality players it'll be solely because we paid them, won't be no ring chasers like D-Hop coming on board especially with him jumping ship

The draft? I think most here would agree Anderson to be a great selection if he's there at #3 but he plays defense. I can see us landing a quality RB in the early/mid rounds, hopefully a couple linemen as well but they won't be top shelf plug and play by a long shot

Coaching can help with rebuilding the culture, discipline, vibe and expectations but I don't see it translating into victories until it all takes, and until we get a roster which can compete

Last edited:
OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Only been 45 days since this pessimistic poll but I'm guessing some would switch their votes
You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think 4 or 4.5 games would be a pretty good line. I'm going to take the over, but not feel totally confident about it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't see how we're going to stop anybody this year. Budda and Jalen will keep teams a little honest but the front seven looks like a disaster waiting to happen. And, CB2 and our nickleback positions are in serious, serious question. Will Anderson will help, but teams will chip him if necessary.

We were one of the worst defenses in the NFL last year, and we lost three of the top five players from the unit.

We're doomed.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
2-15 and I don’t know how we win two. Our defense has no defensive line and no CB 1 or CB 2. It sounds like we will be trading D-Hop our only star player which leaves only Hollywood to be double covered. We have no QB right now so I see no offense or defense capable of beating anyone. We could easily not win a game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Too soon to say just how bad we’ll be. Depending on the the Hop trade, and moving down, we could end up with 10-12 draft picks. My expectations have nothing to do with wins & losses. I want to see a better draft & a more physical football team. If that results in more wins…..great. If not, that’s great too.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I voted no. I am expecting 4 wins mas. With Kyler out for who knows how long and the specter of Colt McCoy (if he doesn't retire) as starter for 2-3 games max until he's toast, I don't know how they win even 4 games. But, I'm being optimistic. LOL

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Too soon to say just how bad we’ll be. Depending on the the Hop trade, and moving down, we could end up with 10-12 draft picks. My expectations have nothing to do with wins & losses. I want to see a better draft & a more physical football team. If that results in more wins…..great. If not, that’s great too.
“The Hop trade”…PACards, your future plans are better than Monti’s. MB should have hired you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose