RealGM Boston board reports that Marion is going to Boston

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
dont double post the same article, then i have to copy and paste my response that debunks it...
Sorry, the same article deals with both threads. What am I supposed to do, just refer to the other thread? That is not helpful, IMO. These two threads should be merged anyways.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont double post the same article, then i have to copy and paste my response that debunks it...

That's funny. :biglaugh:

However, have you ever asked yourself does it matter?

I feel like this quote:

“.... still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.” - Paul Simon

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With all the damage being done to the Suns relationship with Marion, it may be the Suns will have to do a variation to this deal despite their better judgement.

One thing that would sweeten it for the Suns if they had to settle for this, would be to get Gomes. He's a 3/4 who could at least help. Without a deal for KG, this is just not enough for Marion.

If Conley is there at 5 and Gomes is in the trade instead of West, I wouldn't complain that much, even though it would not make the Suns better next year. If Marion is somehow swapped for Noah, I will vomit.

Edit: Actually, perhaps it's a little too soon to find Nash's replacement. Nash is 33, and if he's like Stockton, could play another 7 years.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched ESPN and it was virtually all Suns with KG sounding like he is going to Phoenix in a 3 team trade with Marion going to Boston.

They said in a separate transaction Phoenix is trying to get Charlotte's pick.

I hope someone else saw it because I do not remember all the details.

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
Just watched ESPN and it was virtually all Suns with KG sounding like he is going to Phoenix in a 3 team trade with Marion going to Boston.

They said in a separate transaction Phoenix is trying to get Charlotte's pick.

I hope someone else saw it because I do not remember all the details.

And I just saw them bring up the ATL, PHX, MIN trade again. Agh... we'd be getting railed in that trade. Amare + someone else for KG? No thanks...

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree with most of this, but who is your "potential All-Star"? West? You can't put that tag on the #5 at all, since anyone in the draft can be a potential All-Star.

Ok well, the chance of a top 5 pick being an all-star in the future is higher than a late first-rounder. I mean it's not a given, but Danny Ainge is a stellar scout of talent and I expect he'd get someone good at #5. He knows what he is doing, as far as drafting goes anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I just saw them bring up the ATL, PHX, MIN trade again. Agh... we'd be getting railed in that trade. Amare + someone else for KG? No thanks...

I didn't think Atlanta was the third team. I was so excited. Are you sure? The announcer wore dark rimmed glasses and sort of looked... perhaps Asian.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Charlotte deal is hinged on a player being available. Make of it what you will, but this could be why the KG deal isn't done yet.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
According to some ESPN guy on TV, Ainge said no deal for JO or Marion and they would probably keep the pick. At this point, who knows. I trust whatever the Suns do if it doesn't involve Amare.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
According to some ESPN guy on TV, Ainge said no deal for JO or Marion and they would probably keep the pick. At this point, who knows. I trust whatever the Suns do if it doesn't involve Amare.

Well then paul pierce is gonna force a trade.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ainge says moving pick unlikely

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The Boston Celtics expect to keep the fifth pick in the NBA draft despite speculation about trades for veterans Kevin Garnett and Shawn Marion, the man who will make the choice said Wednesday.

"I think it's unlikely," the pick will be traded, Danny Ainge said. "I've felt that way from the beginning, that these trades are hard to come by."

Ainge, the executive director of basketball operations, scoffed at reports of possible deals and refused to comment on any of them. What appears certain is that he knows who he'll take Thursday night depending on who's available. And he said he's convinced that player can make a major impact as a rookie.

On Tuesday, he and coach Doc Rivers were in Phoenix watching a workout involving Corey Brewer and Joakim Noah of Florida and Jeff Green of Georgetown. At least two of the three are expected to be available with the fifth pick.

"You hope to see somebody really jump off the charts and make my job a lot easier, but that hasn't been the case. They all played well," Ainge said.

He appeared unconcerned with reports that veteran Paul Pierce might ask to be traded if the Celtics don't obtain a veteran who can help sooner than a rookie. He said Pierce has not demanded a trade and that the two spoke Tuesday.

"It was a great conversation and Paul was very enthusiastic," Ainge said.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
thats odd because Jim Gray just said

oston gets Shawn Marion

Minny gets 5th pick, Delonte West, Kurt Thomas, Theo Ratliff

Phx gets KG

Deal contigent on Shawn Marion singing a 3yr extension (has 2yrs remaining)

mribnik

Reaction score
The only thing that actually makes sense is that none of these "reporters" know what they're talking about.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats odd because Jim Gray just said

oston gets Shawn Marion

Minny gets 5th pick, Delonte West, Kurt Thomas, Theo Ratliff

Phx gets KG

Deal contigent on Shawn Marion singing a 3yr extension (has 2yrs remaining)

Jim Gray thinks some other guy on a phone is Alan Iverson and has to apologize on national TV. "I got duped."

He isn't the posterchild of credible journalism.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Ugh please let it be Marion.

Remember the games in February when Nash was out? Remember the numbers put up by Amare and Marion during that stretch? Sure, the team lost, but not because of Amare.

Amare- 27.25 points per game, 11.25 rebounds

Marion- 11 points per game, 13 rebounds.

Sure, Marion rebounds, but his scoring goes down the tube without Nash. Amare, on the other hand, steps up his game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort