Ready to get ripped: I think Larry Fitzgerald is overrated.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Okay, it's almost Wednesday. Time to let it go.

:stupid:

My goal this season is to look toward the next game and not back to the last one. 24 hours and time to move on...sigh, it still hurts though.

Bring on the GD Seahawks

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't he a "one-trick-pony" (used as a motivational key by Haley) at the time this was posted?
The statement doesn't seem unreasonable.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
2006 and 2007 were tough seasons. 13-19 with teams that had the potential to be in the playoffs both years.

Both seasons the Cards lost games they should have won because of weird circumstances. More of them in 2006 than 2007 but the '07 team was really close. One 2 point conversion could have had them in the playoffs. That stupid OT loss to SF and the ridiculous PF call on Adub vs the Ravens...:bang:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There I said it. Rip away.

Here are my reasons:

1. How many times have we heard over the last 3 yrs. about a certain guy on our team (#11) having trouble getting separation?

2. How can a player rated as a top 5 reciever, play alongside another top 5 reciever (Boldin) and still have games where he can't get open? Last night Ditka mentioned numerous times that the Niners were playing man to man coverage (one on one coverage) with our recievers.

3. Stay on your freaking feet. Sure he makes highlight catches, but he also leads the league in 6 yard highlight catches when he needs 10 yards. The quickout he got from Leinart in the 4th quarter should have been a huge (30-40 yard gainer had he gone for it), instead he dives for the first down.

4. Route running leaves much to be desired: Once again Mike Ditka mentioned it more than once about Fitzgerald running sloppy routes. How many times have we heard that?

I have to admit that saying this about Fitzgerald is hard for me because I have been a huge fan of his throughout his career. However, I think we need to temper our Larry Fitzgerald is a superstar stuff until he does some things that actually help our team consistently win games. Highlight reel catches are nice and very fun to watch, but I just don't see Fitzgerald in the Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, or Tori Holt category at this point of his career. Very good young talent, but not in that category.

I think he is the best WR in the NFL. How many pro bowls has he made? I think he has caught over 1000 yds in passes for 6 consecutive years. I have seen them all for over 60 years and he is the best I have ever seen. Not only this but he is a role model for any young kid. "A very good talent" hardly touches Larry Fitzgerald.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If hindsight was 20/20.

Not for all of us. :D

I love all of these old bumps really. It's like a flashback in time and you get to see how big of a doofus I can be sometimes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is the best WR in the NFL. How many pro bowls has he made? I think he has caught over 1000 yds in passes for 6 consecutive years. I have seen them all for over 60 years and he is the best I have ever seen. Not only this but he is a role model for any young kid. "A very good talent" hardly touches Larry Fitzgerald.

You do realize this is a 4 year old bump right?

OP
OP
Lomax to Green 84

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I wrote this opinion in September 2007. Not quite sure why it now is an issue. Oh well, we all error on our assessments. I'm really glad I was way, way off on Fitz. Will retire as the greatest Cardinal of alltime.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Boldin, TO, Moss, Harrison, Holt, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne just off the top of my head are all better than Fitz!

Totally disagree. I think Fitz is easily one of the two best WR in all of football. Not only does he catch the ball but he is a very good blocker when need be. He can catch a ball with one hand like most can with two hands. I thought we made a mistake when we drafted him so high but I have quickly changed my mind. He has not been going to all these pro bowls because of his name.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Totally disagree. I think Fitz is easily one of the two best WR in all of football. Not only does he catch the ball but he is a very good blocker when need be. He can catch a ball with one hand like most can with two hands. I thought we made a mistake when we drafted him so high but I have quickly changed my mind. He has not been going to all these pro bowls because of his name.

You must be registered for see images

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Bryant Johnson is the best WR on the team...coaches just don't have the slightest idea how to utilize the guy. How do you think Q got all those catches last year? Every DC for ouyr opponents was double and triple teaming Johnson and they were willing to let Q hurt them.
LMAO!!!!!!!

Post of the century!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, it's almost Saturday... 4+ years later... Definitely time to let it go.

No way. I'm still mad about the terrible call that resulted in the Giants game ending in a tie and causing the Cards to miss playing for the NFL title by a half game.....in 1964.