RD 1 pick of the 2022 draft is Logan Cooley

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I wish we could see these guys earlier. It will probably 2-3 years before we see this guy on the ice. If we are going to lose all our games anyway, I would rather see some of the young guys on our squad sooner than later.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we could see these guys earlier. It will probably 2-3 years before we see this guy on the ice. If we are going to lose all our games anyway, I would rather see some of the young guys on our squad sooner than later.
Last year's top pick, Dylan Guenther, made the initial Coyotes roster. Hopefully he'll stick after nine games.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There's a theory that "rushing them to the bigs" is harmful to development.

In many cases, the players haven't reached physical maturity and so there is also a concern of injury from playing with the fully developed men in a heavy contact league.

Another thing that I've heard is that if your team is still in 'rebuild mode,' the young players could get wrapped up in a losing mentality/culture that is also considered bad for development.

Others say that you can also 'overcook' young players in the farm system.

All this to say that there are many ways to approach development and fanbases are typically unhappy until there are some good results on the ice and then we tend to spend more time enjoying the product instead of languishing over every part of the organization that we feel needs fixed. :bang:
Guess where Coyotes fans spend most of their time! :thud:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year's top pick, Dylan Guenther, made the initial Coyotes roster. Hopefully he'll stick after nine games.

My guess is he goes back down. I'd love for him to make it a tough decision for B.A.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There's a theory that "rushing them to the bigs" is harmful to development.

In many cases, the players haven't reached physical maturity and so there is also a concern of injury from playing with the fully developed men in a heavy contact league.

Another thing that I've heard is that if your team is still in 'rebuild mode,' the young players could get wrapped up in a losing mentality/culture that is also considered bad for development.

Others say that you can also 'overcook' young players in the farm system.

All this to say that there are many ways to approach development and fanbases are typically unhappy until there are some good results on the ice and then we tend to spend more time enjoying the product instead of languishing over every part of the organization that we feel needs fixed. :bang:
Guess where Coyotes fans spend most of their time! :thud:
I am old enough to remember when first picks played for their teams right away. At least some of the old guys did. :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
A couple seasons from now, it's going to look like the Backs now, bringing in young exciting talent.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
There were lots of guys who had skills like Michael Jordan, but he had the attitude described above that set him apart. That's what you need in your top star. Some guys have the skills but no desire like that. Some guys have that desire but no top skills. To get that whole package seems rare in sports.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads