Ray Horton out, Todd Bowles in as Cardinals DC

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be that way. Would that put 9-0 in more of a spot light roll?

Would mean DD woukbe sbke to pkay a more natural podition. Assumin CC a RT? Or RDE??

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the hire. He has almost always been a 3-4 coach, until he took over with the Iggles last season, so we won't have to transition to a 4-3. And for those blaming him for the Iggles disaster, he took over in November.

I hope we switch.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read that Bowles runs the 3-4, but had to run the 4-3 when promoted by Reid in the middle of the season. Anyone know?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Todd Bowles is under contract with the Eagles. He'll obviously be released if Kelly wants to find his own DC, but this story is still premature.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Horton has turned out to be a primadonna and a baby. No one wanted you as their head coach pal. No one. The Cardinals weren't outside of the norm on that question. Cut your hair and show some humility and you can potentially get a chance to run a franchise.

And I hope that we finally move away from the 3-4 that has been forced on this team. Every year the team tried to bring in a massive Nose Tackle along the pittsburgh lines and has failed to do so. And after all that, we still get the ball run down our throats.

Good luck Horton, you will need it with your attitude

Truly you are the biggest ******* IN THE WORLD.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bowles was indeed a finalist in 2011 for the DC spot.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/32226/todd-bowles-has-ties-to-cardinals-staff

Heath asks via Facebook for more information on Miami Dolphins assistant head coach/secondary Todd Bowles, reportedly a candidate to become the Arizona Cardinals' defensive coordinator.

Mike Sando: Bowles and Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt were assistant coaches together with the New York Jets in 2000. Bowles and Cardinals assistant head coach/offensive line Russ Grimm played together on the Washington Redskins during the 1980s. That history could come into play.

This tells me he must run a 3-4 and cannot be that bad.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's life. The same thing happened to Whiz in Pittsburgh after Cowher left. It sucks that Ray is leaving, but we have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1.
Would make Calais worthless (in 4-3). No thanks.

No way CC would be worthless. He can play DT no problem hes a diminsting force welk capable of the tansition.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bowles was a finalist for the dc position when we hired Horton....that being said I feel like this will be yet another choice that ends up being looked at as a big mistake by the cardinals in a few years.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's life. The same thing happened to Whiz in Pittsburgh after Cowher left. It sucks that Ray is leaving, but we have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Umm no its not the steelers retained their HOF DC.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, how would a 4-3 switch work?

I'm guessing:
CB1: Peterson
CB2: ? (Gay, Fleming, etc. best suited for Horton's D) Maybe Toler?
FS: Rhodes
SS: Wilson?
ROLB: Sam Acho
MLB: Lenon/Bradley
LOLB: Daryl Washington
DE: Campbell
DT: Williams
DT: Dockett
DE: Schofield/Groves?

Sounds like fitting a square peg into a round hole.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Knew it. Terrible move. Bowles was absolutely awful with the Eagles.

He took over as DC halfway through last season and by that point the whole Eagles team pretty much quit on that coaching staff. I'm willing to give him a shot and who knows maybe DRC comes back. :sarcasm:

I will miss Ray Horton a lot though.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz