Ray Donovan (Showtime)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ray Donovan (Showtime)

In “Ray Donovan,” Liev Schreiber stars as the kind of fixer who makes the problems of L.A.’s most notable celebrities, superstar athletes, and business moguls disappear. Things take a turn for the worse when Ray’s father (Jon Voight), is unexpectedly released from prison, setting off a chain of events that shakes the Donovan family to its core.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oh yes..... I will be watching this one.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Starts at the end of June. Just giving this one a quick bump.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
liked the first episode. was a little uneven, but the writing was good enough in spots and the cast is a homerun.

My favorite scene was wordless. Voight on the plane. That scene pretty much told you everything you need to know about the character.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, Jon Voight's is freaking brilliant in this show. Every scene with him is awesome...and despicable...and just darkly hilarious.

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
man, I may loathe Jon Voight's politics, but he's freaking brilliant in this show. Every scene with him is awesome...and despicable...and just darkly hilarious.

I couldn't agree more!

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I almost gave up on this show during the first episode. I was bored. But it has picked up and I'm getting into it a bit. I definitely agree that Voight is the highlight of the show. He's a lot of fun to watch. The FBI guy is kind of interesting in a weird way too.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
You just knew there was no way they'd kill off Mickey. He's just too much a part of the show and probably the most fun to watch.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the hell does this show only have 12 posts?

Been watching it on on demand and it is fricken spectacular!

Unreal how some really great shows get no chatter on here.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Man, I thought I'd posted here already. This show is amazing, and will hopefully have many more seasons. John Voight is insanely great in this, as are all the actors.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I thought I'd posted here already. This show is amazing, and will hopefully have many more seasons. John Voight is insanely great in this, as are all the actors.

Baffles me how some really lame shows get so much talk and one like this just goes by the wayside. lol :D :D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was there from pretty much day one brother. :D

And until today it had a shopping 12 posts. Baffling for how good this is!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season is blowing right by. Next week is the season finale. For me this is the best thing on TV now. Maybe it doesn't get the national exposure because it is a Showtime original series. Ian McShane and Katie Holmes additions to this years main plot indicates the producers can recruit some very good talent.

Season 4 has been picked up. Boo yah.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, Ray Donovan is nails. The last few episodes have been excellent. It boggles the mind that a show as crappy as Fear the Walking Dead has so many pages to its thread while Ray Donovan only has two pages.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Season 3 finale was fantastic. If you have Showtime and you are not watching this show, you might as well cancel showtime because you are wasting it.