Earl Clark

Second round:
Taylor Griffin
Emir Preldzic
(Sold to Cleveland for cash)

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
I gave it an incomplete until I know for sure about the Amare-GS situation.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
First round: A Second round: C- (Patty Mills & McClinton on the board still) Though now that we've sold the second 2nd rounder for cash I should probably give them a D out of spite. B because I like Earl Clark a lot though.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
As of now, I say "C". I don't get the Griffin pick at all and am glad we got an international guy with the 2nd second rounder.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say I am not sold on Earl but I haven't seen him play much. I am okay with this pick as other Suns fans who are knowledgeable seem to like him. However, I couldn't even find Taylor Griffin on a draft board. The European pick was basically a player to stole away. IMO, this draft was more vanilla than last year's draft unless their is further movement with the picks.

I give it a "C."

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why did they pick a guy whose only highlight was an outlet pass?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a C+ for me. Even though I like the Clark pick from a defensive standpoint, we only ended up getting one player that could be here long term. I don't think Griffin will be here long term and we sold the 3rd.

Not a high impact draft at all. However, the sad part is, it still might be better then last years when we look back at Lopez, Dragic and Clark.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
A - / B + Very happy here considering where they were picking. ;)

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I gave it an incomplete until I know for sure about the Amare-GS situation.

agreed.. its an A with a positive resolution... a C without because there were MANY solid guards we passed up in the 2nd round because we thought we were set...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed.. its an A with a positive resolution... a C without because there were MANY solid guards we passed up in the 2nd round because we thought we were set...

Weird draft. I see SG Dionte Christmas wasn't even drafted. The only thing I can figure is the Suns didn't care about the second round because of the allegeded GS trade proposal. This is a big risk. I'm holding my breath.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I hope we trade Amare for that package from GS. We aren't going to resign Amare so its the best thing to part ways. Will Clark be a starter on the Suns?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The second round I am not mad at. They were saying the second round guys may not even make the team because of the lack of roster spots. So if we sell off a guy who will never play for us anyway, what does it matter? :shrug:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the 1st round pick a lot.
I actually hoped we would select Griffin, though I wanted him with the last pick.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. Of course after the past several years of disappointing drafts, just keeping our first rounder makes me happy.

If we get Curry and the other 3 in the trade rumor, I'm thrilled.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Stephen Curry and Earl Clark is an A+ in my book. Clark and T-Will were the prize SF's, although DeRozan has a lot of potential. Curry reminds me of Jason Terry, and with Barbosa/Dragic, the Suns are set at Point for the next few years.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Nup.. earl Clark is okay, but they should have taken James Johnson. I agree with Phill11, Patty Mills shuold've been taken, make him learn much more under steve Nash, who is one of the best in the game. Patty Mills would've palyed well alongside Steve. An absolute shocker by Kerr and sarver, but us Suns fans have become used to "absolute shockers" from our front office right?

buttsR4rebounding

Registered
Reaction score
As the final nail in the Goran Dragic experiment the Spurs got DuJuan Blair w/ the pick the Suns traded to them last year from GS. :mulli:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the final nail in the Goran Dragic experiment the Spurs got DuJuan Blair w/ the pick the Suns traded to them last year from GS. :mulli:

I Knew it was going to come back and bite us when I learned the GS pick was sent to SA in the Dragic deal. It's interesting that good GMs make subtle moves that make all the difference.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
DeJuan Blair has no ACL... I would not touch him with a ten foot pole...

buttsR4rebounding

Registered
Reaction score
DeJuan Blair has no ACL... I would not touch him with a ten foot pole...

He had those surgeries in High School. He never missed a practice or a game in college. Everyone is saying he is THE steal of the draft, but you know better...:bang:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson