Rapoport: "The Arizona Cardinals have received calls from teams about trading up."

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I absolutely do not see Rosen as the leader I want as our quarterback now or in the future. I saw no signs of that ability last year. I saw no signs of communication with players and or coaches while on the bench. In my opinion he is too full of himself for my taste. If I am wrong in that evaluation fine, keep him. Rosen certainly appears to have the skills for the position. I am very concerned with how he views himself and how he communicates with teammates.

I really do not know all that much about Murray, however if he has the communication skills that I think Rosen lacks, we have to select Murray. I do not care if he is a midget.

If we do select Murray I would not trade Rosen for a bag of beans. If we cannot make a trade on trade day for a 1st rounder I would keep him and wait for the first quarterback from another team to go on the IR and get our 1st round pick next year. His play with the receiving team should help make that pick go higher.

The Rosen leadership stuff is so far off base from what has been reported, where is that coming from? I heard one sideline reporter talking about how Rosen was one of the few QBs they have seen on this team who would speak to the defensive leaders regularly on the sideline and not just the people on his side of the ball.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spend a whopping 15 minutes watching Murray get interviewed and tell me if you think he looks like he has "communication skills."
All I care about is what kind of communication he has with the guys on the field. A guy that gets a little too communication friendly with media can sometimes be a disaster waiting to happen. Jmo

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
a leader musn't been a good communicator, a leader is the guy who put the team on his back when required

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
All I care about is what kind of communication he has with the guys on the field. A guy that gets a little too communication friendly with media can sometimes be a disaster waiting to happen. Jmo
Just another excuse, like most of the Murray stuff.

Have a question about an intangible you don't see him having? All of the Murray supporters will say "oh, well, you just need to believe it." Like, any evidence we actually have, we're just not supposed to follow. The bad interviews, the lack of workouts or participation in anything, moving from two different teams when things didn't go his way, dad's overwhelming influence on his career, poor Wonderlic, lack of height, lack of games started... just handwave 'em away again!

It's like some of you have never watched college tape of oh-so-many Heisman winners that have gone on to do mostly nothing in the NFL. Protip: it wasn't because the player wasn't good in college, it just meant they weren't a fit for the game at the highest level, from a preparation and intangible standpoint.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
a leader musn't been a good communicator, a leader is the guy who put the team on his back when required
And when has Murray done that Since he played with a team loaded with draft picks how do you know he can carry a team that isn't more talented than its opponents?How many times had he brought a underdog team back?I wonder if he had ever started a game for a underdog team.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And when has Murray done that Since he played with a team loaded with draft picks how do you know he can carry a team that isn't more talented than its opponents?How many times had he brought a underdog team back?I wonder if he had ever started a game for a underdog team.
i dont know, his record is 57 win 3 losses

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just another excuse, like most of the Murray stuff.

Have a question about an intangible you don't see him having? All of the Murray supporters will say "oh, well, you just need to believe it." Like, any evidence we actually have, we're just not supposed to follow. The bad interviews, the lack of workouts or participation in anything, moving from two different teams when things didn't go his way, dad's overwhelming influence on his career, poor Wonderlic, lack of height, lack of games started... just handwave 'em away again!

It's like some of you have never watched college tape of oh-so-many Heisman winners that have gone on to do mostly nothing in the NFL. Protip: it wasn't because the player wasn't good in college, it just meant they weren't a fit for the game at the highest level, from a preparation and intangible standpoint.
Just like the possibility that you look into things too much.. no one is right or wrong here. It's just what I have seen on the field in my experience and what I gather from pro sports as well.. these guys one way or another do not change much from that standpoint.. it is the money and business side that does em in. Imo.. and yes, you probably think it's all about the money anyhow with Murray.. to which, we will just have to agree to disagree.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I absolutely do not see Rosen as the leader I want as our quarterback now or in the future. I saw no signs of that ability last year. I saw no signs of communication with players and or coaches while on the bench. In my opinion he is too full of himself for my taste. If I am wrong in that evaluation fine, keep him. Rosen certainly appears to have the skills for the position. I am very concerned with how he views himself and how he communicates with teammates.

I really do not know all that much about Murray, however if he has the communication skills that I think Rosen lacks, we have to select Murray. I do not care if he is a midget.

If we do select Murray I would not trade Rosen for a bag of beans. If we cannot make a trade on trade day for a 1st rounder I would keep him and wait for the first quarterback from another team to go on the IR and get our 1st round pick next year. His play with the receiving team should help make that pick go higher.
The one thing we know is he has leadership qualities. Not sure why that's your drawback. What we don't know is if he can play at a high level in the NFL. The leadership qualities have been clear.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff praising words doesnt mean anything or did u expect kliff saying something bad about Rosen?
Is still an Arizona player and he has some value, they can't dumb him like a sevent rounder

So what he says about KM is true and a lie when it comes to Rosen... Got it

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why would they, they have 10 picks already, why make it 12 or 13 , Cards don't have that many spots on the roster. At 10 they have too many picks

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why would they, they have 10 picks already, why make it 12 or 13 , Cards don't have that many spots on the roster. At 10 they have too many picks

5+ picks are 6th round or later. They don't have many in the top 5 rounds of the draft.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. Have to make that turn huh?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Missed it completely didn't you.Once again has he ever started a game for a team that was the underdog?
lol. Now you’re criticizing him for winning too much. That’s rich. And a ridiculous reach. My god how awful would he be if he never lost?!?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes probably - especially when you consider they are first in the waiver wire, and will likely claim at least 4-5 guys who perform well in preseason. They need more quality over quantity, especially when you see how terrible Keims record is in the 5th round and below.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Those later picks can be used as currency in later rounds to move up to get players still on the 120 board. Or, you take less UDFAs. No such thing as too many picks since the teams have to fill in players after the draft anyway

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just like the possibility that you look into things too much.. no one is right or wrong here. It's just what I have seen on the field in my experience and what I gather from pro sports as well.. these guys one way or another do not change much from that standpoint.. it is the money and business side that does em in. Imo.. and yes, you probably think it's all about the money anyhow with Murray.. to which, we will just have to agree to disagree.
Nah, I don't think it's all about the money for Murray. I think it's a factor, but my honest feel is that he probably wants both, knows he can't, and is listening to the devil on his shoulder that's talking about how much money he'll make in the NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose