Ranking all of SK's 53 draft picks

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did anyone else see Vince Moratta's article today?

Ranking all 53 of Steve Keim’s Arizona Cardinals draft picks

SK's 18th best pick? Josh Rosen!!!!

Crazy, I know. But as great as Keim is at trades, he kinda sucks at drafting. I don't think Rosen was SKs 18th best pick myself, but the point is look at how many misses he's had drafting best player available.

Let's hope tonight he gets it right and we get a stud that will have a great Cardinal career.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Crazy, I know. But as great as Keim is at trades, he kinda sucks at drafting. I don't think Rosen was SKs 18th best pick myself, but the point is look at how many misses he's had drafting best player available.

Let's hope tonight he gets it right and we get a stud that will have a great Cardinal career.
Let’s not kid ourselves. The draft can be a crapshoot. With no live sports, I was able to tape & watch some old drafts of the last 10-15 years. I was amazed at how many drafted players become busts. Yes, Keim hasn’t been great (still blame BA for some of that), but GM’s in general have more failures than successes. I liked last year’s draft, but we’ll have to see how Isabella & Butler pan out. Just drafting Murray made it a successful draft.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The list is iffy at best, Some player get higher because ... no one knows

And even if they are still in the league and play, they are low sometimes.

Lets hope he nails this draft, that could help us win more games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, it is horrific.

Seeing them all ranked like that is very depressing. Makes me wonder why I am so interested in the Cards draft since history shows they are likely to get one player at best out of any draft.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Weird list because the bottom is a bunch of third-day picks that had a low chance of succeeding anyway. Picks like Nkemdiche were far worse than Walt Powell and Ryan Swope.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

w/r/t Rosen, you could slot him anywhere between 10 and 40 based on your impression of the situation. Many believe he would've improved considerably in Kliff's offense and could've proven to be more valuable. Too many variables, which definitely include Keim's less than stellar draft results.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird list because the bottom is a bunch of third-day picks that had a low chance of succeeding anyway. Picks like Nkemdiche were far worse than Walt Powell and Ryan Swope.

Yeah, I don't really agree with the rankings.

No way I would put Buccanon ahead of Humphries or John Brown or Marcus Golden.

But basically only 16 of the picks have contributed in any meaningful way out of 53. That is terrible.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But basically only 16 of the picks have contributed in any meaningful way out of 53. That is terrible.

realistically sounds about right. about 1 out of every 3 hit.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any statistic that shows the NFL average?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
realistically sounds about right. about 1 out of every 3 hit.

lt’s not just that only 16 contributed, it’s the quality of those contributions.

basically one good year from David Johnson is consididered his second best pick. That says a lot.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lt’s not just that only 16 contributed, it’s the quality of those contributions.

basically one good year from David Johnson is consididered his second best pick. That says a lot.

more than 1, but before he got hurt he was considered what one of the two or three best backs in all of football?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard