Random thoughts before the game tomorrow

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Marco Wilson has been a pleasant surprise. For all the heat he was getting during training camp I feel like he’s held up his end of the bargain through 3 games.

2. Jace Whitaker on the other hand is garbage. He was targeted 7 times and gave up 7 completions against the Rams. I wonder when Mullens will take his position? Or maybe it will be Hamilton.

3. This is a must win game, just like the Raiders game was. 2-2 is massively different than 1-3, especially with the Eagles coming to town next week.

4. I hope we get a healthy dose of Rondale Moore tomorrow. This offense needs a boost.

5. When are we gonna see Trey McBride more? I love Ertz but I’d love to see both these guys on the field together more.

6. I know JJ gets a lot of heat on this board but I bet he gets sack #3 in his third game.

7. VJ has done a tremendous job having a plan to take away our opponents best weapon. Adams and Kupp are literally the best WRs in the game. If he can scheme another great plan to limit CMC I like our chances.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good points, some optimism i like around here for once. Yeah i was surprised Mullen got no snaps last week. By all accounts in reading the Raiders board hes a good corner IF healthy. Id like to see him get a lot of reps this weekend.

Id add to that list:

8. See more heavy 2TE sets with the lack of healthy WRs and see if we can work a run game and TE play action route for once. I guess this is similar to your take on Mcbride but more so id like to see Kliff be more flexibile and show us he can contruct somwthing other than pistol 5WR sets.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
1. I haven't focused much on Marco but he seems to be a very poor run defender. Hope i'm wrong.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For as garbage as we look, I look at all the games tomorrow and think most of the others teams don't look too great as well.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Marco Wilson is at best a depth player. Certainly better than Whittaker but still not very good in my opinion.
I disagree, Marco at best is a starter and still young feeling his way. The situation up front also has a lot to do with his success

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
How many yards will Conner run for vs the Panthers? If he gets 100+ I think we win.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
1. Marco Wilson has been a pleasant surprise. For all the heat he was getting during training camp I feel like he’s held up his end of the bargain through 3 games.

7. VJ has done a tremendous job having a plan to take away our opponents best weapon. Adams and Kupp are literally the best WRs in the game. If he can scheme another great plan to limit CMC I like our chances.
I really can't agree on Marco Wilson. He has not been at all good.

As for Vance? He's adjusted in two games to shut down offenses, but only after his defense has been historically bad to open games. It doesn't matter what you do with specific players (which he failed with Kelsey big time) when the rest of the team gashes you. If he starts making those adjustments early in the game and stops his defense being historically bad early, I'll get off his back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr