Rams vs Green Bay - Who would you rather win?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the bye is the big thing for me

especially in a tough NFC

who wants a first round playoff game vs the Vikings or 49ers? Sure, the Cards would be favored, but those would be difficult outs to start a playoff run
Yup.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And to have gotten a bye two weeks earlier as well.

I think are really underestimating how valuable the bye is. It means all you have to do is win ONE home game and you’re a game from the Super Bowl. Also, the week to get healthy from a grueling extra long season for the first time.

I also think since the teams up top could be so bunched up and that there’s only one bye, there won’t be the worry or resting players too much and getting too much rust because I think every team will be going for that bye in Week 18 this year.

I think I'd rather play on the road! We've been invincible.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'd rather play on the road! We've been invincible.

There’s a world of difference between road regular season games and road playoff games. In our only game under the lights of a national TV audience we face planted an entire half against the Packers. People need to remember this will be our team’s FIRST foray into the playoffs and playoff pressure is something they’re going to have to get used to.

I think it’s much easier to do that at home than on the road.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Let’s see,.... who do I want to face in the playoffs.......

Aaron Rodgers???
Or
Matt Stafford??

Seems like an easy decision

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We control the Rams destiny, so it's probably better that they beat GB for us, especially when you consider their remaining schedule:

GB's remaining schedule:

LA
CHI
@BAL
CLE
MIN
@DET

They probably lose to BAL on the road, but even that is only something like 65/35. If they beat LA, they could win out, and I believe that means we'll have to win out to get the #1 seed.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would rather not have our small handed QB in his first road playoff game in freezing/wet temps.
Believe it or not, the Packers haven't been all that awesome in freezing playoff games. I was surprised to read this article. That said, I would rather play all playoff games at home. But if we did have to go to Green Bay, we could win.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The last thing you want to do is not win the division and be forced to play Tampa, Green Bay, Dallas or even LA on the road in the first round. I know they have been great on the road but you really don’t want to test that in the playoffs .

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The decision to rest Kyler is looking smarter by the day:
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The decision to rest Kyler is looking smarter by the day:
-
-
It was smart the day it was announced.

There’s playing “hurt” & then there’s playing through injuries. Playing through injuries should stop being glorified.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
With last week’s win over Seattle, the Cardinals are close to clinching tie-breakers over the Rams. I believe we would do so with any of of the following:

Cards over Rams (on H2H)
Cards over Seahawks (on division record)
Seahawks over Rams (on division record)
49ers over Rams (on division record)
Cowboys over Cards (on common games)
Rams over Ravens (on common games)

*The only exception to the above that I can find would be if Seattle forces a 3-way tie with AZ/LA at 9-8 with the Cardinals losing out, Seattle losing to the Rams but winning the rest, and the Rams only beating us and Seattle (they would win on head-to-head with a 3-1 record against AZ/SEA). Also SF would have to not finish at exactly 9-8. A very unlikely scenario that will likely be impossible very soon.