Rams just got better by subtraction

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’d take a look at him. He seemed like he could effective with a smaller role. Guess it depends on how bad his knee is. They kept it under wraps pretty good.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am not sure if there is going to be a big market for Gurley until it gets easier for teams to get medical exams done. Heck if I was a team I wouldn’t trust anyone but my team doctors, he is a huge risk.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dumb move to sign him to that contract and put yourself in the corner. Trading and adding a #2 rounder wasn't going to help either.

So basically they now have 7 millions more than before but no players to speak of and have to restructure some contracts to be able to sign the rookie class and 1 FA.

Basically Rams have lack of young talent, a young QB that isn't all that great and a D that is on the decline.

I wouldn't be surprised if they post a losing season 7-9 or something like that.

For Gurley, sign him for a 1 year prove it deal, Drake and him could make a really nice double punch and maybe a nice copmensation when someone forgets all the problems and signs him again to a great deal.

Oh and Drakes Tag should now go down to around 8.2 Mio if I'm not mistaken whit Gurleys cut, so basically we won 300k $ by doing nothing

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams won’t come out and say it but they are rebuilding.

They went all in. Signed everybody and anybody they could and now are sitting there with very minimal draft picks and no cap space.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
I would definitely sign Gurley if drake signs with another team. I honestly would rather have Gurley to be honest.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

They went all in. Signed everybody and anybody they could and now are sitting there with very minimal draft picks and no cap space.

their offense should be good enough

Their D will have two top tier players in Donald and Ramsey

they will be competitive.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They did go all in a couple years ago. Remember the offseason when they signed every big name free agent there was, and fit them all by giving them screwy extended contracts. Win now, pay later. Well, they almost won. Now they have to deconstruct and start over. That's the trouble you get into , trying to win by adding free agents. They cost five to ten times as much as home grown young guys.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Without two first round picks. Haha.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did go all in a couple years ago. Remember the offseason when they signed every big name free agent there was, and fit them all by giving them screwy extended contracts. Win now, pay later. Well, they almost won. Now they have to deconstruct and start over.
The Rams are illustrating why @Gandhi is wrong about the salary cap not mattering. True, you can push money into future years and the cap keeps going up... but eventually you have to pay the piper.

...dave

Last edited:

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
LMAO:

If Texans waited three days they could’ve just picked up Gurley and kept Hopkins
Man, you really gotta give keim credit for pulling that trade. It's by far the move of the 2020 off season. Just wish we could have also traded our 5th round pick 5o bring Calais back home.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA