Rams go 14-2 in 2018, and Wins Super Bowl

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
I honestly don't see a better team in the NFL, with the additions this season. The only caveat to this prediction is that it assumes the continued health of key players. I believe that Jared Goff will take that next step in development and become elite. Team will try to stop Gurley, but Goff's connections deep to Cooks and the regular great play of Woods and the improved play of Cooper Kupp will make this offense better than last year. Gurley will be a monster, two years in a row. The Oline is a concern due to age, but I am gaining confidence in rookies like Noteboom and Denby, and Blythe is still there as a good back up. I would not be surprised to see Noteboom fill in for JB, and if he does well, JB may be on the outside looking in by Week 3.

Special Teams was a great strength last year, but we found out how important Greg the Leg truly was/is. When the replacement kicker (his name shall not be fickin mentioned!:redcard:) started looking like OldSchool after a couple of beers, trying/failing on easy kicks...Man, it seemed the confidence went out of the entire special teams squad, barring Johnny Hekker. Pharoh started having trouble with the ball??? Anyway, Legatron, Hekker, and Cooper will resume greatness in 2018.

The Defense, my Lord. Assuming AD's contract is worked out, our defense line may be the best in the NFL with Suh, Donald, and Brockers. Ebukam is doing WELL in camp and hopefully Longacre improved. John Franklin Meyers is also acting studly....Our LBers just need to be adequate for this defense to rock, but I think they will be better than adequate!. Talib, Peters, Johnson, and Joyner is the best Secondary in the NFL!

The Rams will have homefield throughout the playoffs, and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will host the NFC Championship Game, with long suffering LA Rams fans finally seeing a victory there after all of these years. Beating Jacksonville in the Super Bowl will almost be anti-climactic.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How about you guys win a playoff game first with your young QB. Palmer was great in the regular season and pedestrian in the post season. Goff didn’t play well in his only playoff game. The defense is good, but the offense still has to score points.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I honestly don't see a better team in the NFL, with the additions this season. The only caveat to this prediction is that it assumes the continued health of key players. I believe that Jared Goff will take that next step in development and become elite. Team will try to stop Gurley, but Goff's connections deep to Cooks and the regular great play of Woods and the improved play of Cooper Kupp will make this offense better than last year. Gurley will be a monster, two years in a row. The Oline is a concern due to age, but I am gaining confidence in rookies like Noteboom and Denby, and Blythe is still there as a good back up. I would not be surprised to see Noteboom fill in for JB, and if he does well, JB may be on the outside looking in by Week 3.

Special Teams was a great strength last year, but we found out how important Greg the Leg truly was/is. When the replacement kicker (his name shall not be fickin mentioned!:redcard:) started looking like OldSchool after a couple of beers, trying/failing on easy kicks...Man, it seemed the confidence went out of the entire special teams squad, barring Johnny Hekker. Pharoh started having trouble with the ball??? Anyway, Legatron, Hekker, and Cooper will resume greatness in 2018.

The Defense, my Lord. Assuming AD's contract is worked out, our defense line may be the best in the NFL with Suh, Donald, and Brockers. Ebukam is doing WELL in camp and hopefully Longacre improved. John Franklin Meyers is also acting studly....Our LBers just need to be adequate for this defense to rock, but I think they will be better than adequate!. Talib, Peters, Johnson, and Joyner is the best Secondary in the NFL!

The Rams will have homefield throughout the playoffs, and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will host the NFC Championship Game, with long suffering LA Rams fans finally seeing a victory there after all of these years. Beating Jacksonville in the Super Bowl will almost be anti-climactic.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
How about you guys win a playoff game first with your young QB. Palmer was great in the regular season and pedestrian in the post season. Goff didn’t play well in his only playoff game. The defense is good, but the offense still has to score points.
Goff did pretty good, but the turnovers by Cooper and the loss of our run stuffer Micahel Brockers killed us vs the Falcons. Yeah, our Dline will be much more stout against the run with Donald, Suh and Brockers up front. We will go deep in the playoffs this year, if not all the way. I believe we will be picking #32 in 2019...:hacker:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's hard to sustain, my man. Lots of moving parts have to stay on top of their game for anything that good to happen for you.

Let's just say you're right, but the two losses are to the Cardinals.
We'll be there next year.

OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
4-0 at the quarter point of the season. We have the Hawks, Broncos, 49ers away, and the Packers at home. With that schedule, we could go 7-1 or 8-0. The sky is the limit with this team. Clinch the division by Week 12?

OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Holy excrement! I may have undersold our team at a 14-2.... How about 19-0?

OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Rams are 6-0 now, and are 10-1 on the Road during McVay's tenure as HC.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Joe Willie Namath called and said they won't win a free pair of Hanes pantyhose. In the background, Beavis & Butthead were overheard laughing like stupid idiots (duhh :D ).

Maybe Merlin Olsen and Vince Ferragamo can arrange for a flower bouquet from FTD when they flame out.

Sincerely,
Roman Gabriel

OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
8-0.....14-2 is just 6 more wins....6 & 2 is very doable. But I have to admit, I want 16-0 regular season, and a freakin' Super Bowl!

OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Who do you fear more? Saints or Eagles?

Yes I am discrediting the Vikings because I do not believe in Cousins.
I honestly think this team is the best most complete team in the NFL, however, on any given day....

I think the Saints are more talented than the Eagles, and the Eagles are dealing with an after Super Bowl funk. The Eagles are also getting everyone's best game. I also think the Eagles have a QB who hasn't learned this lesson: Carson is not a RB. If he (Carson) persists in leading with his head while running, he'll last only a few years in the NFL.

So I don't know if fear is the right word. I think if the Rams don't play their best, the Saints can beat them.

I am super stoked about finally having talent on the edge. Dante Fowler was a disappointment in JAX, but I am very confident that Wade Phillips can bring out the talent in him. Suh will be moved back to DT from DE, and be next to maybe the best DT in a generation in the middle. I've seen some video of Fowler off the edge, and I had an "oh shyte" moment," in sympathy for opposing OC's in the NFL. I think we will see Fowler this Sunday on passing downs, at least.

We'll see.

OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Ok, 16-0 is dead....I'm reeling right now, because I thought we were good enough to go 16-0 and then 19-0....Even fellow Rams are relieved that we lost, but fark that. I was expecting greatness, and now we are slightly less than that. If you asked me whether I'd be freaking over the moon happy about 8-1 back in 2016. Hell yes. But Sean McVay taught me to expect more, and I do.

Congrats Saints, you bastids. The Rams will remember this loss, and NEXT time we see you, we'll have Aqib Talib and healthy.

OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Thought I'd check in. The Rams are 10-1, and going into the bye and aside from giving up 51 points to the Chefs, I'm feeling pretty confident about at least achieving 14-2. Aqib Talib is a critical returning player, because I think he makes the defense better. He is stability with the other CB's in Wade's system. HE makes the defensive calls normally in the backfield and helps guys get lined up and he is the #1 CB and not Peters. Marcus is a really good #2 CB, but struggles in man-to-man in covering #1 WR's. The Rams need a second or two more for the Dline to get at the QB.

I think Mark Barron is gone after this year. He has always been light for a LBer, but he has been slowed by injury.

I hope the Hawks lose this weekend so that the Rams clinch the NFC West while eating Thanksgiving leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LoyalRam

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
We are now 11-1 and have clinched a second NFC West title, two years in a row. It's not enough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose